New to Mods and Question about Bots

nankuranankura Join Date: 2009-06-22 Member: 67896Members
edited December 2012 in New Player Forum
hey guys

I was just wondering about Bots. i know there not super advanced just yet and theres alot to be done , but from some of the mods ive read so far theres some pretty impressive progress

I remember witchbot in NS1 the only problem was i could never find a bot that can use commander properly :P i know u can just jump online, but sometimes its nice to play alone

Anyway. i have 2 questions

1. Im new to mods and ns2, how exactly to you load mods, is there an exe parameter or something

2. Which bot mods are the most progressed so far. theres actually quite a phew, heres the 3 ive found so far

NS2Bot - official
Odenbot - commanders
and NS2 Bot by jeffco

I guess what im asking is, does one of these bot mods have commanders included, or is best to use a bot mod, and odenbot at the same time and can they work together compatability wise. since odenbot is an alien and marine commander bot

And im also wondering if either NS2Official or the jeffco bots are capable of advancing, building, and advancing as aliens

Though from reading, no offence to jeffco he did great work, the ns2 official bot seems to be the most progressed, i just wanted to ask around first.

I think the most important thing with AI to me and ns2, is if the bot is capable of been a commander on marines, or if u can mix 2 mods together like ns2official and oden, and if so how do you do that without causing problems with the scripts

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    There really isn't any functional bots in NS2. The closest are the default bots in the game, but all they pretty much do is spawn and run into walls. You can access them by turning on cheats on a server and typing the following into the console:
    addbot <number of bots> <team> Adds the specified number of bots to a team. If no team specified, they join a random team.
    removebot <number of bots> Randomly remove the specified number of bots from the game