accepting defeat....

maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
<div class="IPBDescription">... Honorable death</div>Ok so many people want the ability to vote surrender. I for one do not, at least not in that simple form. My reasons are simple I always play to win, and if the other team just quits it cheapens the victory.

My solution

team 1 votes surrender with >5/8(60%)... GAME DOES NOT END ... Now that surrender has been proposed team 2 can accept it or not. If 100% accept team 1 surrender then the game ends, if 50% accept surrender then 2.5 min timer is started but if no one accepts the surrender a 5 minute timer is placed on the game. (with the time varying inversely proportionally to the number of players who accepted).... When the timer runs out Team 2 still wins and team 1 still looses but team 1 receives "honorable death"

Rather then quitting when losing fight with honor and to the very end!

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    If you don't let the losing team surrender, they'll either RR or leave the server instead.
  • wulfwulf Join Date: 2008-08-03 Member: 64749Members
    ^ this.

surrender option is pointless since the game already allows you to do this. the only reason I could see this ever being applied is because of the retarded way auto-balance works where f4ing/quitting can actually prolong a game. yet why put a bandage when you can just fix auto-balance, it just becomes a great way to empty a server.