Rifle knockback

twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">self knockback</div>Now that rifle bash no longer knocks back skulks, it has become almost useless.

But what if using the rifle bash attack knocks the marine player him/herself backward, when performed against a player, structure, or wall/floor?

vote on google moderator poll here: <a href="http://www.google.com/moderator/#8/e=2055e8" target="_blank">http://www.google.com/moderator/#8/e=2055e8</a>

Comments

• kalvkalv Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31339Members
    I played almost 100 hours of NS2 so far and I never used Rifle bash once. I forgot about it. They should replace it with something else.
  • GORGEousGORGEous Join Date: 2012-02-19 Member: 146762Members, NS2 Map Tester
    No. Knockbacks are incredibly unfun for the melee side. If marines could knock themselves back, wouldn't they just always use it in melee to get some free distance?
  • reasareasa Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8010Members, Constellation
    I always forget to use the rifle butt. I just can never remember. Doubt it matters though, switching to pistol is a much smarter move anyway.
  • pendelum5pendelum5 Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164317Members
    The damage is only significant against no-carapace skulks, and this is balanced because of its high rate of fire and reliable hit cone. I use it while side-stepping to conserve on ammo, especially if I am fighting multiple skulks. It shouldn't be buffed with knockback.
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    Hate to play the realism card in a space-shooter, but <b>really</b>? :p I don't think hitting a skulk would make you dodge back a few yards. Let alone a wall - when I punch one, my fist hurts, but I don't quite get knocked back.

So no, I don't think this would be a good use for alt fire. Personally i'd rather see a scope - as much as many people hate that idea. Lets not get into that discussion further though - that's for other threads.