Shift egg spawn priority.

thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Prioritize over hive eggs.</div>Link to google moderation page.
<a href="http://goo.gl/mod/2W0C" target="_blank">http://goo.gl/mod/2W0C</a>

Prioritize alien spawning. Aliens should spawn from shift eggs before regular hive eggs. What's the point of "shifting" your spawns when there is no guarantee people will spawn there. Shift egg cost/timer may need adjusted again for this.

Discuss here.

Generally, it feels like you need to spam eggs to increase the odds of players spawning at the shift. I would be very happy to pay a bit more (2-3 res/egg ish) if I was guaranteed that players would spawn at the shift.

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    ... they already do.
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Correct me if I'm wrong on priority towards which eggs when spawning. Shift Eggs, Distressed Hive Eggs, then all other eggs?
  • MedleyMedley Join Date: 2012-11-07 Member: 167929Members
    Actually I think it's just generally the eggs closest to combat, no?
  • AhnteisAhnteis teh Bob Join Date: 2002-10-02 Member: 1405Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    I would love it SO much if they'd just put a list of buttons on the side of the screen while you're dead allowing you to choose your spawn.

=(
  • TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    Aliens really need a way to choose spawns again. Removing it added insult to the injury of not being able to use movement chambers to get to hives.
  • thefonzthefonz Join Date: 2011-06-22 Member: 105847Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037482:date=Nov 29 2012, 05:05 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Nov 29 2012, 05:05 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037482"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->... they already do.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As far as my experience, they do not.

At a minimum, it is not working consistently.

Example situations:

On veil, match nearly over. Map under total alien control, all marines in control. Shift with eggs in topographical. Xeno my skulk on some marines..... spawn in pipeline. every single time.

On tram with marines in warehouse. As comm went for early win by getting a shift in north tunnels with plenty of eggs. had entire team rush warehouse. Only one spawned again at the shift. the rest spawned at the hive. we lose the shift and eggs because the skulks couldn't make it back in time, costing the team dearly.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I can confirm this!

It is not working consistently. There is a bug in the spawn system that ignores shift eggs sometimes.
  • xxswatelitexxxxswatelitexx Join Date: 2012-11-16 Member: 171754Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037509:date=Nov 29 2012, 05:49 PM:name=Tinker)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Tinker @ Nov 29 2012, 05:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037509"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aliens really need a way to choose spawns again. Removing it added insult to the injury of not being able to use movement chambers to get to hives.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

MOvement chamber is a bit OP.
    Already aliens are fast, and that just makes them much faster