Celerity Fade

2»

Comments

• NecrosisNecrosis The Loquacious Sage Join Date: 2003-08-03 Member: 18828Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2036612:date=Nov 28 2012, 05:39 PM:name=tarquinbb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tarquinbb @ Nov 28 2012, 05:39 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2036612"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->when adrenaline provides a universal mobility boost, why the hell would you want an out of combat boost in the form of celerity?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

When your energy management is at the stage where you see no benefit from adren, I imagine.

You can take that in either a positive or a negative sense, a free example is a "green" Fade player blink-swipe-swipe-blinking to a safe regen or healspray spot. He doesn't need a lot of energy at all.
  • kalvkalv Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31339Members
    Only noob fades need Adrenaline. Just tap blink once in the air and let gravity do the rest. Swipe and blink in the air.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    Only slightly on topic but: can a celerity lerk retain its increased speed as long as as it continues to glide and nothing actively causes it to slow down? I always choose celerity when I lerk and I was just recently thinking about how it makes me feel faster when trying to evade bullets even though celerity cuts out during combat.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2037467:date=Nov 29 2012, 04:36 PM:name=RabidWeasel)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RabidWeasel @ Nov 29 2012, 04:36 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2037467"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Only slightly on topic but: can a celerity lerk retain its increased speed as long as as it continues to glide and nothing actively causes it to slow down? I always choose celerity when I lerk and I was just recently thinking about how it makes me feel faster when trying to evade bullets even though celerity cuts out during combat.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well in the code, the lerk gets the smallest bonus to speed from celerity.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->kSkulkCeleritySpeedModifier = 0.3
    kGorgeCeleritySpeedModifier = 0.7
    kLerkCeleritySpeedModifier = 0.2
    kFadeCeleritySpeedModifier = 0.45
    kOnosCeleritySpeedModifier = 0.3<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

But I think I definitively feel a difference in combat with celerity. Zipping around often means you avoid being hit and continue to maintain the speed. How much of the feeling of speed is that silly sound effect, and how much is reality, I don't know.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I practically need celerity to play fade. I use jump + shadow step to get accross the map, and with celerity you really fly. In combat, unless I run into a really good shot, I don't get hit till my prey is one swipe left. If I get hit I leave unless I think I can finish it. I think I only go adrenaline with gorge, lerk, and sometimes onos.