Maximum tres? Trickles down to your players!

AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS!Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
<div class="IPBDescription">Can't buy anything useful commander? worry not!</div>Seriously, this 'full team resources' feature really ticks me off, sometimes commanders (not naming any names here) who are too slow to spam things just end up sitting on 200 tres, and it does nothing. it goes nowhere, why can i have some of that?! Features already implemented (somewhat) to player-to-player, so why not do a commander-to-player one?! Maybe if you did this you could reduce max tres to 100 so that onos eggs cant be spammed, too much too often? :)?

Comments

• NeoRussiaNeoRussia Join Date: 2012-08-04 Member: 154743Members
    I refuse to think that anybody can possibly be that bad as to sit on 200 resources.
  • SwiftspearSwiftspear Custim tital Join Date: 2003-10-29 Member: 22097Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2031963:date=Nov 22 2012, 02:10 AM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Nov 22 2012, 02:10 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2031963"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seriously, this 'full team resources' feature really ticks me off, sometimes commanders (not naming any names here) who are too slow to spam things just end up sitting on 200 tres, and it does nothing. it goes nowhere, why can i have some of that?! Features already implemented (somewhat) to player-to-player, so why not do a commander-to-player one?! Maybe if you did this you could reduce max tres to 100 so that onos eggs cant be spammed, too much too often? :)?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I like this, and overmaxed p-res trickles to t-res (at a added cost perhaps, because p-res is quite a bit faster than t-res flow). Good idea I think, a time expensive method of controlling sharing.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
    edited November 2012
    or just a comm option to dole out TRes as PRes. Serioulsy though, its not hard to drop a bunch of JPs.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2031966:date=Nov 22 2012, 12:12 AM:name=NeoRussia)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (NeoRussia @ Nov 22 2012, 12:12 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2031966"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I refuse to think that anybody can possibly be that bad as to sit on 200 resources.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I refuse to think that anybody can possibly be that bad as to not win against a team which has 200 resources.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    <!--quoteo(post=2032069:date=Nov 22 2012, 11:32 AM:name=kk20)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kk20 @ Nov 22 2012, 11:32 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032069"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->or just a comm option to dole out TRes as PRes.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That would work around the 3rd Hive limit for Onos eggs, though.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    200 res comm = eject the comm (unless the game is very obviously over, but you can probably still find ways to spend it).
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited November 2012
    You should never have even above +- 75 t.res unless it is lategame and the comm has nothing to spend that res on, which is really a flaw in the game's design anyway. P.S still need dual exo minigun T.res drop for marine comm.
  • EmooEmoo Ibasa Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11198Members
    If it's late game comm could at least spam jetpacks and weapons, would probably finish the game off quicker.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2032128:date=Nov 22 2012, 01:27 PM:name=Xarius)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Xarius @ Nov 22 2012, 01:27 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032128"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->P.S still need dual exo minigun T.res drop for marine comm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Not without three CCs, though. And a CC should require power in the room to be considered "active".
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    edited November 2012
    afaik it <b><u>ALREADY DOES</b></u> trickle down to your team...

but you should never have 200 tres, ever.

even if you have 90% of the map, and your entire team have their desired life form/equipment; you can still add more and more useful stuff. stuff like phase gate, armory, obs, arcs, dropped weapons/eggs, whips, crags, shifts, shades, scans, bonewalls etc.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    I've seen it happen more than once, many times as aliens where the marines lock down all the other tech points but either can't or won't end the game. So teh alien commander t-res just floats up to 200 since there is literily nothing for him/her to spend it on.
  • BearTornadoBearTornado Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 166223Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2032169:date=Nov 22 2012, 06:49 AM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Nov 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032169"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've seen it happen more than once, many times as aliens where the marines lock down all the other tech points but either can't or won't end the game. So teh alien commander t-res just floats up to 200 since there is literily nothing for him/her to spend it on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Build a ton of whips.

Have your alien team rush into the final Marine base.

Spread cysts rapidly during the chaos.

Echo all the whips into the base.

FunForEveryone.
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    There is no reason why a commander should be sitting on 200 t.res at <b>any</b> point of the game.

Research everything, spam structures, spam equipment for marines and lifeforms for aliens, spam commander abilities.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2032169:date=Nov 22 2012, 08:49 AM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Nov 22 2012, 08:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032169"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've seen it happen more than once, many times as aliens where the marines lock down all the other tech points but either can't or won't end the game. So teh alien commander t-res just floats up to 200 since there is literily nothing for him/her to spend it on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Really? I commed on Aliens two nights ago, on ns_veil. We had the marines pushed back to Subsector and Control, and we had Overlook/System Waypointing/Topographical swarming with aliens. I cysted into those areas (plus skylights), whipped the extractors and set up crags and a shift healing station at each chokepoint. Then I positioned some whips in front of the crags so that they can whack grenades back, and generally deter marines from rushing out of base, using healing wave every so often to keep HP up.

I also had a shift close to the action but far away enough that grenades won't hit it, and I regularly made eggs spawn there.

From there it was just a matter of dropping fade eggs, and other eggs when requested, and taking the time to fix my cyst chains, put a few whips at key locations *just in case* a hero marine makes it out of base, making drifters and spamming Enzyme Mist during the fade/gorge/onos rushes and generally looking for ways to spend my res.

Once we took Subsector, it was just onos egg spam.

I guess the point is...I can always, always find a way to keep under 70-ish res at all times. There is never a time when I sit at 200 res twiddling my thumbs.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2032201:date=Nov 22 2012, 10:06 AM:name=BearTornado)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearTornado @ Nov 22 2012, 10:06 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Build a ton of whips.

Have your alien team rush into the final Marine base.

Spread cysts rapidly during the chaos.

Echo all the whips into the base.

FunForEveryone.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah that's what I do.

If it's obvious the game is over, and you're not getting any hives back, you've got celerity, and there aren't any onoses taking the field anytime soon, that's all there really is to do.

Sometimes, it can win you the game! That's only if you're reaaally lucky though. Usually at the very least you'll get one of their tech points, but often it's not enough to turn the game around.

It takes very few bombard whips (I usually use 4) to take out a powernode. Although they're 30 res each + 30 res for the echo shift + 3 res (i think) to echo each whip + 5 res to echo the shift (if you want to echo them back, or to another marine base). After writing all of that, it makes me wonder, why do they make this ###### so expensive. It's like UWE only wants us to spend our resources on upgrades and onoses. Any type of shenanigans cost a fortune. Echo shifts, bombard whips, hallucinations. All of them cost way too much.
  • d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    The only reason I can think of is if the commander has lots of resources, has researched everything else, and is saving to drop 4 exosuits while it researches at the prototype lab.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2032169:date=Nov 22 2012, 06:49 AM:name=Know pain)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Know pain @ Nov 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032169"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I've seen it happen more than once, many times as aliens where the marines lock down all the other tech points but either can't or won't end the game. So teh alien commander t-res just floats up to 200 since there is literily nothing for him/her to spend it on.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Drop gorge eggs. Win?