A few suggestions for Aliens / Marines

hiloboyshiloboys Join Date: 2008-05-27 Member: 64340Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Yes this does not balance them at all and probably off balances one.</div>Fades - Change Vortex to be something that they teleport to (If within range) when their health is low. (Destroyable by marines a vortex that stays there)

Gorges - Move bile bomb to 3 hive skill, add 2nd hive skill that allows them to spend 1 or 2 res to make an infestation item in target location. Still has same rules as normal commander infestation. (ie; Slowly dies if not connected to another infestation connected to hive, allows buildings to grow faster, etc.)

Lerks - Nah they are good as is.

Onos - Bring back Devour (MY Favorite Novelty Skill to eat Heavys in NS1)

Marines

Allow turrets to be powered from power node. (Still have sentry batteries power as well)

Require Each Upgrade to require 1 CC. ie; marines with 1 cc can either have weapons or armor upgrades. 2 command chairs can have both.

Bring back NS1's grenade.

Yea prob make both sides op in some way, but just my 2 cents. Meh

Comments

• OoziOozi Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172771Members
    Fade: sounds infinitely annoying and a possible game breaker

Gorge: I would like to see the gorge have a little more power via building stuff, so cysts could work, I guess, but I also feel the removal of bile bombs would be too much a loss to make it balanced.

Onos: Devour isn't fun because it denies someone else gametime. Abilities that make you lose control of your character aren't fun. Altought, I do admit, it worked pretty darn well in NS1, and the pure panic from the threat of the dreaded goatse-view caused was fun.
    I don't think the game needs it, though.

Turrets with powernode: The sentry batter is weak for a reason, it kinda needs to stay that way.

Upgrades & CC: Personally I'd like to see the amount of CC's determine the lvl of both armour and weapon upgrades. 1CC = lvl 1 weapons and armor available, 2 CC = lvl 2 etc. Having only weapon or armour upgrades would be... not enjoyable, I think.

Grenades: Yes please! Upgradeable from armory, 1 per respawn. Upgrade from advanced armory, ability to restock from advanced armories. This means you couldn't spam them out in the field, only in late game base defense (where GL's would be a better option anyway). Make them slow and cumbersome to throw in order to maintain it's supportive weapon nature instead of a supplement to LMG fire.
  • Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2032387:date=Nov 22 2012, 02:23 PM:name=Oozi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oozi @ Nov 22 2012, 02:23 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032387"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Altought, I do admit, it worked pretty darn well in NS1, and the pure panic from the threat of the dreaded goatse-view caused was fun.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

This could not have been stated more perfectly.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJm6U7GsZY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySJm6U7GsZY</a>
  • hiloboyshiloboys Join Date: 2008-05-27 Member: 64340Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2032387:date=Nov 22 2012, 09:23 AM:name=Oozi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Oozi @ Nov 22 2012, 09:23 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2032387"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Fade: sounds infinitely annoying and a possible game breaker

Gorge: I would like to see the gorge have a little more power via building stuff, so cysts could work, I guess, but I also feel the removal of bile bombs would be too much a loss to make it balanced.

Onos: Devour isn't fun because it denies someone else gametime. Abilities that make you lose control of your character aren't fun. Altought, I do admit, it worked pretty darn well in NS1, and the pure panic from the threat of the dreaded goatse-view caused was fun.
    I don't think the game needs it, though.

Turrets with powernode: The sentry batter is weak for a reason, it kinda needs to stay that way.

Upgrades & CC: Personally I'd like to see the amount of CC's determine the lvl of both armour and weapon upgrades. 1CC = lvl 1 weapons and armor available, 2 CC = lvl 2 etc. Having only weapon or armour upgrades would be... not enjoyable, I think.

Grenades: Yes please! Upgradeable from armory, 1 per respawn. Upgrade from advanced armory, ability to restock from advanced armories. This means you couldn't spam them out in the field, only in late game base defense (where GL's would be a better option anyway). Make them slow and cumbersome to throw in order to maintain it's supportive weapon nature instead of a supplement to LMG fire.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Glad you see my point, this way theres no such thing as a 1 marine CC base turtle.