Bayonets

AzaralAzaral Join Date: 2012-11-19 Member: 172408Members
Bayonets. They make sense from a logical standpoint. You're fighting something that is almost always fighting you melee so you put a metal pointy stick on the the end of your gun to stab them with. Have it be a research upgrade in the arms lab along with weapons 1 and 2. It would replace the rifle butt attack you have when you right click. Do something like double damage, twice the attack speed of the rifle butt attack. Its easier to just thrust straight out with your gun than it is to swing the gun's buttstock around and it is a sharp maybe serated metal object being put into the target. Make the cost cheap otherwise it might just be ignored, unless it were to do more damage than the axe, but then the axe might become redundant or free melee weapon.

Just an idea I had and thought I would share.

Comments

• PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2031163:date=Nov 21 2012, 03:03 PM:name=Azaral)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Azaral @ Nov 21 2012, 03:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2031163"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Bayonets. They make sense from a logical standpoint. You're fighting something that is almost always fighting you melee so you put a metal pointy stick on the the end of your gun to stab them with. Have it be a research upgrade in the arms lab along with weapons 1 and 2. It would replace the rifle butt attack you have when you right click. Do something like double damage, twice the attack speed of the rifle butt attack. Its easier to just thrust straight out with your gun than it is to swing the gun's buttstock around and it is a sharp maybe serated metal object being put into the target. Make the cost cheap otherwise it might just be ignored, unless it were to do more damage than the axe, but then the axe might become redundant or free melee weapon.

Just an idea I had and thought I would share.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Honestly I dont understand why the TSA havnt just invented power armour and light sabres...
    I deffo think we need to give marines more power in melee I mean its not like marines should have to use guns vs the aliens
    if the aliens want to come at me to bite me I might aswell research full plate and a battle axe as well as their assault rife.

But yeah, lets make an lmg marine better than a skulk in melee and still able to kill them at range...
    Whilst your at it plz change the marine taunt to: Come at me bro!
  • SiminiSimini Join Date: 2012-09-28 Member: 160916Members
    Why stop there? why not have marine run twice as fast as skulks, do 3 times as much damage with close range attack, make the marines able to run on walls, and also add an assassination move for the marines to instantly kill fades and Onos.

This is a single player marine game after all, so the Aliens should of course be a lot weaker than marines.
  • sdelcossdelcos Join Date: 2005-01-11 Member: 34994Members
    Or maybe just something simple. Add some knockback to the LMG's secondary attack in order to give the marines some breathing room for when they have a skulk humping their leg.