Why don't servers auto update maps?

MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
I think this is a big enough issue to require a fix because i hate the idea of updating my map only for a server to drop all players when the workshop and server files differ, i'll have to make updates a lot less often if this isn't fixed, i would ideally of liked to be able to update every week or so until the map is balanced.

I've also noticed what appears to be a mapcycle bug appearing on occasion, some servers repeat the same few maps when i know they have others available.

Comments

• VitdomVitdom Join Date: 2012-04-30 Member: 151345Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    My mapmods update automatically, are you sure you're loading the maps as Workshop mods?

Some servers uses a random mapcycle rule, instead of an ordered one. It irritates me as well. :P
  • TechnIckSTechnIckS Join Date: 2007-01-14 Member: 59616Members
    I use votemap :P - players' choice :D
  • MagnetoMagneto Join Date: 2010-12-22 Member: 75856Members
    edited November 2012
    Yeah i believe its set as a mod, it publishes ok and updates instantly but sometimes servers fail to auto update it seems.

I didn't know there was a random mapcycle option, when it comes to votemap i think servers need to make it easier to vote, its almost always been the case that the required amount of votes is too high.