Is there a list of cvars somewhere?

SenorBeefSenorBeef Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167400Members
I've been to the server wiki but it only touches on a few settings like the team autobalance stuff. Is there a more comprehensive list of cvars, or something like the "find" command in source that will at least let you try to search for them?

For example, I want to change the amount of time between the first person joining a team and when the round resets and the game actually starts. I find it takes forever for people to load and pick a team, so that first 2 minutes usually ends up being like a 3v2 match for 2 minutes, and if the alien commander knows what he's doing, he can jump out to a big lead. So I'd imagine there's a cvar to set the time between when the first person joins a team and when the game actually starts, but I have no idea how to go about figuring out what server variable does what. Is there some sort of list somewhere?

Comments

• CoTTonCoTTon Join Date: 2005-02-28 Member: 42773Members
    just do sv_randomall

That's what I usually do if everyone stacks marines.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    There is currently no option (yet) for changing the pregame time. Your best workaround is to wait till a sufficient number of people join each team and reset the round (with sv_reset).
  • SenorBeefSenorBeef Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167400Members
    I was hoping more generally to find a list of cvars so I could figure out some of the server configuratiion settings myself. As it is, the only documentation I can find only shows you how to change a half a dozen settings. We really need a list of cvars. Or a find command similar to the source engine.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Console_Commands" target="_blank">NS2 wiki</a>
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2023575:date=Nov 15 2012, 04:37 AM:name=CoTTon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CoTTon @ Nov 15 2012, 04:37 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2023575"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->just do sv_randomall

That's what I usually do if everyone stacks marines.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Randomall does not take into account players who are already in teams. Therefore you should do rrall before randomall
  • ByorunByorun Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15661Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2023606:date=Nov 14 2012, 10:03 PM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Nov 14 2012, 10:03 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2023606"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There is currently no option (yet) for changing the pregame time. Your best workaround is to wait till a sufficient number of people join each team and reset the round (with sv_reset).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

regarding sv_reset : is it intensional that sv_reset only randomizes the alien start hive and not the marine start CC ?
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2027723:date=Nov 18 2012, 01:45 AM:name=Byorun)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Byorun @ Nov 18 2012, 01:45 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2027723"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->regarding sv_reset : is it intensional that sv_reset only randomizes the alien start hive and not the marine start CC ?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It randomizes both sides, presuming that the map allows it. Here is the list of official maps and their randomness for each side:
    Summit = Both sides random (all tech nodes except crossroad)
    Tram = Both sides random (warehouse, server room, and shipping only)
    Mineshaft = Both sides random (aliens = cave and ore, marines = operations and repair)
    Docking = Only aliens (locker, generator, departures)
    Veil = Only aliens (sub-sector, cargo, pipeline)
    Refinery = Fixed spawns
  • ByorunByorun Join Date: 2003-04-19 Member: 15661Members, Constellation