Really good players

Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Really bad players</div>If you want to find really good/competitive players, then just join a <!--coloro:#00FF00--><span style="color:#00FF00"><!--/coloro-->rookie server or a rookies welcome server<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> and you will find them racking up kills.

Comments

• RiCexEaTeRRiCexEaTeR Join Date: 2010-05-10 Member: 71700Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If we shouldn't join rookie servers how do we teach?

iv given many a commander/skulk tips and walkthroughs and end game leadership against marine turtle ing

Your saying you don't want that?
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    No I do want that but when (inv) or other teams join and go on a killing rampage, it does nothing but kill the server and kill the rookies.
  • IdlerayIdleray Join Date: 2012-10-04 Member: 161464Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've basically only been joining rookie servers to command. What exactly is OP meaning to say?
  • OscarTheCouchOscarTheCouch Join Date: 2005-01-10 Member: 34647Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    i think hes saying that clan guys come into rookie servers, own the noobs so bad that they get pissed and leave, killing the server. Then they move to the next server.
  • LucianLucian Join Date: 2004-01-09 Member: 25193Members, Constellation
    It sounds like the OP is complaining more about team stacking. If the skilled players weren't team stacking, they'd be spread out between each team and there likely wouldn't be a problem.
  • KaptajnKLOKaptajnKLO Join Date: 2012-06-25 Member: 153658Members
    Maybe take it up with the server admins? Maybe they'll ban them. Otherwise just join another server, as there are plenty of them.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Good players that play on bad pubs become bad players, so they only hurt themselves if thats what their doing.

And tbh everyone should just ignore this troll, hes been trying to get people better than him banned for 3+ years and failing.
  • NikolaiLevNikolaiLev Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165658Members
    This sounds like a fairly valid concern. Team stacking ruins matches, after all, and I'd like to think clans ought to be a little more responsible than that, for the sake of the community.

Skill depreciation isn't really a concern when they still practice. And if they don't, well, <i>coordinated</i> poor players will always win out over uncoordinated new players.

Not much to be done about it, though, aside from talking to admins about it. Well, there's also forced auto-assign/random, which I feel would be a worthwhile feature to add, but might be controversial.
  • antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited November 2012
    I have no problem with better players on rookie servers as long as the teams are even.

I have had tons of great games with say 2 superior players on each team both raking up a million kills and the rest of the team being fairly new.

Maybe my opinion is slightly bias though, I think as long as it is even it is fine.
  • Bobert_The_one_and_onlyBobert_The_one_and_only Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169466Members
    edited November 2012
    I dont think it's important.
    I rack kills as much in normal server then in rookie friendly servers.
    I just join servers that have room in it, because they are all currently crowded.
    I think it's the same for everybody else.
    I join Normal servers and see rookies, i join rookies server and see vets... i think we are all down to joining a server that has room in it.

Now, for your eyes and my e-peen (NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS POST, INDEED)

this,

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106860858&insideModal=1" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/file...p;insideModal=1</a>

that,

<a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=106255792&insideModal=1" target="_blank">http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/file...p;insideModal=1</a>

and Theez

<a href="http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/596986663348001832/C48C43747D30E45B8ED33B07166591DDC25D89BA/" target="_blank">http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/59698666...6591DDC25D89BA/</a>

I know where the exit is, thank you!
  • antacidantacid Join Date: 2007-08-07 Member: 61821Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited November 2012
    60-5 is pretty bad, I usually get at least 90-100 kills per round and I'm not that good.
  • Bobert_The_one_and_onlyBobert_The_one_and_only Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169466Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2019661:date=Nov 11 2012, 06:49 AM:name=antacid)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (antacid @ Nov 11 2012, 06:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2019661"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->60-5 is pretty bad, I usually get at least 90-100 kills per round.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's more about the ridic K:D then the kill ammount, but i dont believe you, why?
    because i am the best
    THE BEST.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Honestly, these new teams are even worse about it. I see them stacking 6 players on a team and then going 6m Onos in a server over and over...

The TAW Clan told me when I called them out on it, "It's a legitimate strategy and can be countered."
    So when I went Marine and just went [insert high number]-0, egglocked their Hive to keep the Onos from coming out, they kicked me.

Yeah, like pubbers can actually counter that ######, give me a ###### break.

At least inv. or beta teams only have like 1-2 guys and they don't do that ######.
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2019674:date=Nov 11 2012, 07:05 AM:name=Locklear)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Locklear @ Nov 11 2012, 07:05 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2019674"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly, these new teams are even worse about it. I see them stacking 6 players on a team and then going 6m Onos in a server over and over...

The TAW Clan told me when I called them out on it, "It's a legitimate strategy and can be countered."
    So when I went Marine and just went [insert high number]-0, egglocked their Hive to keep the Onos from coming out, they kicked me.

Yeah, like pubbers can actually counter that ######, give me a ###### break.

At least inv. or beta teams only have like 1-2 guys and they don't do that ######.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well it's like those Rines team going out ALL EXO and destroying aliens.

It's like that for every RTS, just look at starcraft when people mass battlecruisers or high end unit without any strat.

IF a team can stack 4-5-6 onos/exos its because the other team didnt fight for the map early on, leaving them most of the RES to stack massive units.

So its a team error from the start.

just saying.