Marines have blueprints, Aliens have evolutions

Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
<div class="IPBDescription">A little switchup of current form.</div>First I want to say I have really been enjoying the game and been playing a lot since 1.0, when I wasn't really able to play before performance improvements.

Now my point. Something I find inconsistent is the way marines and aliens keep upgrades after the loss of a structure.

Marines, they develop technology, basically a nano-blueprint which allows them to produce their objects. These blueprints are held in the upgrade structure so when they are destroyed, this blueprint should also be destroyed and should be re-researched.

Aliens, they evolve their DNA, which allows them to have new abilities. When something is upgraded it should be recorded in the hivemind DNA structure. Even if they lose the structure, they should maintain their abilities.

Marines mostly have hard held single bases, aliens are obliged to hold more TPs. It is much easier for marines to hurt the alien upgrades. It is much easier for aliens to hurt the marine spread. I feel it should be the other way round. Aliens should focus attacks on hindering marine's technology, Marines should focus attack on hindering the spread.

Keep it up UWE, great job on 1.0 :)