Does Regen need some love?

MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
I think the tradeoff for regen should be just the fact that you die so much easier. Problem is that it's so ludicrously slow, too. A Fade returns to base and comes back faster than regen tops you off, and Onos? Takes really, reaaally long to get full health with regen.

Reducing the time-after-combat-before-regen-kicks-in into 5 seconds was nice, but I think the healing rate could use some loving too. 30% buff maybe?

Thoughts? Do you use regen often? What about if marine team has some nasty shotgunners? :3

Comments

• ReluctantPuppetReluctantPuppet Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167394Members
    I find it best for the lerk, who takes a shot or two and has a relatively low hp pool to regen. Making the heal scale more with higher hp counts would be great.
  • MangoManMangoMan Join Date: 2003-12-28 Member: 24813Members
    I have never used it since it was nerfed. It is so much faster just going back to a hive.. it is a useless upgrade currently.
  • kalvkalv Join Date: 2004-09-04 Member: 31339Members
    IMO regen is useless. I mostly play lerk and regen is most valuable with lerk but it doesn't heal right away so there is no point in getting it. You can just fly to hive and get carapace instead.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    Regen should scale with HP but only heal health, not armor. Likewise, Crags should be changed to heal armor first and a much faster rate than it does now.

Silence has a synergy with the Shade's Cloak, Adrenaline has a synergy with the Shift's Energy Restoration; this would give a synergy between Regen and the Crag. Bang, Crags are stronger and more useful without making aliens invincible or making Gorges obsolete.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    <u><b>Mestaritonttu:</b></u>

There either needs to be a mechanic in the game again where you can get Cara + Regen or Regen needs a boost

I've always hated the delays on cloaking and regen after getting into a fight. . .

Cloak delay needs to be toned down so that Lerks can cloak while gliding and regen should work anytime you're not on fire
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I did forget Lerk, yeah I occasionally take regen for lerk, because it's great for harassing. Makes you a ridiculously easy target for shotgunners though, so keep your distance. ._.
  • NurEinMenschNurEinMensch Join Date: 2003-02-26 Member: 14056Members, Constellation
    The other thing is that it's pretty much never researched before carapace so you're pretty much stuck with carapace on your first higher lifeform.
  • PureHostilityPureHostility Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167579Members
    I take regen over carapace anytime for Skulk and Lerk.

They are already so fragile, that if focused, carapce won't save you at all.

I've got mixed feelings about fade though...
    If I'm using very harassing fade style, I go with regen, though If I want to slash through marines, I'm still not decided what to choose.

But yea, too bad, everyone takes cara first...
    But god... bless me when I have a comm that takes camo first...