Do people double stack sentry batteries?

ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
<div class="IPBDescription">maybe even a triple stack somewhere in a map?</div>So the limit of 3 sentries per battery, and one battery per room, is to reduce the amount of raw damage sentries can do in a single location, I assume. Does anybody bypass this by building two batteries at the edge of two intersecting power node ranges? I haven't seen it done, but it sounds like it could be quite potent (though quite a good bile bomb target). Are there any triple intersections in the game at the moment that anyone knows about?

Comments

• lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    Could be solved by also having a minimum distance between batteries if it's a problem. I haven't seen it either.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2018118:date=Nov 10 2012, 05:24 AM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Nov 10 2012, 05:24 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2018118"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So the limit of 3 sentries per battery, and one battery per room, is to reduce the amount of raw damage sentries can do in a single location, I assume. Does anybody bypass this by building two batteries at the edge of two intersecting power node ranges? I haven't seen it done, but it sounds like it could be quite potent (though quite a good bile bomb target). Are there any triple intersections in the game at the moment that anyone knows about?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've seen people deploying on the double intersection of mineshaft, holding the area between crushing-cavern. Most intersections are closed off by tight corridors so not much opprotunity to deploy more than 1 battery, but this is completely open area.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    sentry guns are really not that good in defense. mines are far better, and cheaper, and there's no area 'limit'.

certainly not good enough to justify the cost... i mean a phase gate + armory = 25 resources which is the same as a battery + 3 sentry. that phase gate + armory is almost unpenetrable.