mines...

maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
<div class="IPBDescription">dont like current implementation</div>Ok so i remember in NS1 where you could bite a mine before it was activated to destroy it, but correct me if im wrong but it seems like mines are negated if an alien gets close to it before its activated... I am not a big fan of mines since its a 15 res sink for a one trick pony (personally I dont get shotgun unless i can get a JP to protect it) the only time iv tried mines have been when a phase gate is being turned into a grinder, ill phase through with a pack of mines and while the knock-back has given me a second i drop all 3 mines.... or at least i think i drop them... I end up dieing and expecting to see 6 mine kills since well 3 mines should kill any skulks near the pg... but nothing. I have a hard time believing that a skulk biit all 3 of my mines while i was hopping about....

anyway i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the current mine delay mechanic.

Comments

• kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
  • Ness_FrogKingNess_FrogKing Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162628Members
    I don't know about biting them before they activate, but if you're dropping them near each other then their explosions will set each other off... and all it takes to get one going is a skulk leaping away (which allows it to survive... and if they saw you place the mines, they're probably trying to get away from them).

When I see a bunch of mines grouped together, I lol and set one off (leaping away to survive), since I know it'll cause a chain reaction and waste a ton of pres.
  • maD maXmaD maX Join Date: 2010-01-28 Member: 70347Members
    Still not sure of the issue, I don't use mines much but it wasn't an issue of the mines being blown up but an issue of the mines just disappearing... Example: I see 4 skulks running at me and I have a pack of mines so I run/jump back dropping the mines, turn around pull out my Lmg and expect to have 4 dead or low health skulks, but instead it appears all my mines have disappeared?

I thought a mine took a sec or two to arm, but I get the feeling that if an alien comes by during that period it gets dissabled....