New players impact aliens more severely than marines.

HazeHaze O RLY? Join Date: 2003-07-07 Member: 18018Members, Constellation
Just a thought. Marines is easy for new players. Point and shoot. It's very intuitive.

For aliens, new players find themselves running head long on the floor into marines with 10+ feet of open space between them. They're basically free fodder kills for nearly the entirety of the game.

Thoughts?

Comments

• RautapalliRautapalli Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    I think exactly the same way, which is why I'm so surprised that the balance stats they posted after the launch look almost the same as the ones before the launch, I thought the marine win % would go up by a fairly big margin.
  • AnsomAnsom Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166364Members
    Yeah. The Aliens take much more skill to perform at a basic level than the Marines. This is known. What really screwed beginners was killing Gorge. As I've said on other threads, he was the perfect role for beginners. Now not even beginners want to play him because he's boring as ###### and does gimped operations that another player or structures do better. Even his spit feels like garbage compared to the original. So, beginners are forced to play Skulk, really.
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    Thoughts?

Look at all the bad user reviews and rage threads. It's not exactly mindblowing that people can't figure out how to play aliens properly since it is a different concept from most games and also requires good movement, while almost all modern games have completely phased out movement from the set of skills required to play a game properly.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    edited November 2012
    In other news, Fades are stronger than 0/0 LMG Marines and Grenade Launchers do a lot of damage. Do upgrades allow players to fight more effectively? We'll have the answer and more at 11.

Yes. This is generally known and was expected.