Marine Blue Ghost Structures

Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2012 in Competitive Play
Question...

Does hitting a ghost marine structure return TRes to the marine team? As in, not destroying, if a skulk hits a dropped PG before it is built, should the res return to the team, or are they supposed to lose the res investment?

I was under the impression that marine res remained tied up in Blue Ghost structures, but upon contact, the structure disappears, and the res is returned to marines.

However, I noticed recently that this doesn't seem to happen. The res now appears to be lost when a ghost structure is touched. Is this a bug, or a change in gameplay rules I have missed?

Comments

• VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    If the ghost is destroyed the res goes back into the res pool
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2016043:date=Nov 9 2012, 12:26 AM:name=Volcano)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Volcano @ Nov 9 2012, 12:26 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2016043"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If the ghost is destroyed the res goes back into the res pool<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not necessaarily so. If the ghost structure is touched aka "poofed" the res goes back in the pool
    However the ghost structure has also HP and can be destroyed with range weapons. If the buildign is destroyed this way all the res used are lost.
  • TechercizerTechercizer 7th Player Join Date: 2011-06-11 Member: 103832Members
    Confirmed. Skulk bite ghosts structures; Spikes, Spit and Bile Bomb do not. Upon destruction, 100% of invested res is lost, but the Com can cancel them himself at any point for a flat 75% refund.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I thought I've been destroying Tres until now... gutting!