How to manually make your modded servers whitelisted?

despairdespair Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165746Members
ive read that you can manually edit the lua or something to make your server show up in the server browser even if it has mods on it

im sure all the server owners would like to know this. does anyone know what exactly we need to do?

Comments

• AussieKidAussieKid Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154896Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    What you are suggesting is going to have an adverse effect on the NS2 community. The modded server filter is there for a reason, I don't think that hacking it so that modded servers show up as unmodded is healthy to anyone. Especially new players who jump into a hacked server and think that what they are experiencing is the retail game.
  • Silent262Silent262 Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160267Members
    This has already been posted <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/forums/index.php?showtopic=123079&st=0" target="_blank">here</a>. One of the posts in that thread is a Dev correcting usage of the "hacked server". While this is obviously not implicit consent, it is DEFINITELY not a prohibition (please, correct me if I am wrong). However, the tone of the thread was directed toward administrative plugins. Plugins that require client content will probably not function correctly if this method is used. This also prevents unknowingly using a "hacked server".