Ideas for gorge and khammander

_Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">to make them feel complete.</div>Just a list of ideas. I think at least a few of them could go into the game to make the kham and gorge feel more complete as they do now.

<ul><li>A Nydus-Canal building for the gorge that works like a teleporter for every alien beside onos. (Needs second hive and upgrade from the kham, to balance early game.)</li><li>A ramp-up for the heal spray. It has been nerved that much, because a healing gorge in an offensive was to powerful. But healing things out of combat is boring. So make the heal spray more powerful, the longer the target wasn't damaged.</li><li>Make an kham-upgrade for the heal spray, so it does over heal to aliens giving skulks 10 or 20 Points more armor for 5 seconds. To bring the gorge near battles.</li><li>Make a kham-upgrade for the heal-spray, so it is able of reviving fallen aliens, as long as the player isn't respawned. (Would need a few heal-sprays to revive, so the gorge is vulnerable in this time.) This would be the asymmetric counterpart to marine weapon recycling. The gorge couldn't revive you, if you died in the middle of enemy marines. But if you died just around that corner with your pretty fade, the gorge there could revive you. LESS FRUSTRATING! YAY! :D</li><li>Give the gorge the ability to temporary infest a small area. This will tighten the bond between gorge and kham. Maybe you could even introduce the need for infestation to place hives again.</li><li>Put Leap out of the hive-2-tech-tree. A default-alien ability can never compete with spore or blink. It is obvious, that it doesn't belongs in this tech-tree, because it destroys the options you have there. Every kham will research leap first, if he has the choice. Instead create a completely new building for the skulk upgrades. If you need a second hive for this building it will be remain into mid-game.</li><li>To this new skulk-upgrade-building you can add a res-for-kill upgrade only for the skulk.</li><li>To this new skulk-upgrade-building you can add an upgrade that makes the skulk-model smaller, (maybe in 3 steps) so they scale with marine weapon upgrades.</li></ul>

Comments

• BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2015201:date=Nov 8 2012, 02:09 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Nov 8 2012, 02:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2015201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><ul><li>Make a kham-upgrade for the heal-spray, so it is able of reviving fallen aliens, as long as the player isn't respawned. (Would need a few heal-sprays to revive, so the gorge is vulnerable in this time.) This would be the asymmetric counterpart to marine weapon recycling. The gorge couldn't revive you, if you died in the middle of enemy marines. But if you died just around that corner with your pretty fade, the gorge there could revive you. LESS FRUSTRATING! YAY! :D</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I approve this message.
  • Bad MojoBad Mojo Join Date: 2009-05-01 Member: 67317Members
    First of all, I agree that the roles of Gorge and Khammander definitely need some fleshing out. I think enough people have complained about Gorge at least that it will be improved in some way by UWE in the future.

<!--quoteo(post=2015201:date=Nov 8 2012, 05:09 AM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Nov 8 2012, 05:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2015201"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><ul><li>A Nydus-Canal building for the gorge that works like a teleporter for every alien beside onos. (Needs second hive and upgrade from the kham, to balance early game.)</li></ul><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I think the tunnel should be an ability for the Khammander rather than the Gorge. Also, everyone needs to stop calling it a Nydus Canal.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok, let us call it an.... infestation onus... because... it is a hole... and... oh god, I should stop that.

Anyway. I putted it to the gorge because he needs more buildings. It is less symmetrical to a phase gate. And you need to get a life form to the location before you can place it. Placing by the kham could make it very imba.
  • SkulkJesterSkulkJester Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159858Members
    edited November 2012
    Gorge definately need something new. After speeding up some rt and placing your clogs and hydras you don't really have so much to do. Other than healing random skulks at early game and Onos at late.
  • JeehaoJeehao Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168294Members
    A Nydus Canal should be for the Commander, Just like it is for the Marine Commander.
    it would be really cool to have one of those and it would make early game more fair because marines just phase gate rush and it is over..