How to join a friends explore mode game?

Devil DogDevil Dog Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166842Members
I have a friend who is trying out NS2.

I would like to have him join an explore server mode with me just to show him the ropes before we get started.

But how can we do this ?

I can't find his explore mode server in the server listing... and I can't join him via steam.

Is it even possible?

Comments

• ArgoshArgosh Join Date: 2011-01-21 Member: 78474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    edit: Sorry should've read your post till the end.. :s
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    As far as I am aware, explore mode is single-player only. You cannot join someone else's explore server.

This is how the Dev's originally announced it, and I am pretty sure that hasn't changed.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    you can however start a private server and enable cheats and stuff on that.
  • banksiebanksie Join Date: 2012-10-19 Member: 162745Members
    Just last night I started an explore game, set a password and had my friend join me by right clicking my name in steam/join game. Enabled cheats and taught him the basics of the game.
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    You can let people join your explore mode games, but you will likely need to setup your router/firewall to let them in. Sadly I have no idea what ports need to be open.
  • enhaxedenhaxed Join Date: 2011-01-03 Member: 76135Members
    TCP Ports:
    27000-27100

UDP Ports:
    27000-27100

afaik
  • VexillVexill Join Date: 2013-02-15 Member: 183083Members
    Oddly enough one of my friends when he opens Explorer Mode its public, yet when I or a another friend trys it does not.
  • IroneraserIroneraser Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183741Members
    I played Explorer Mode with my brother today. The problem is you can't find the server, if you search for it's name. You've got to search through the whole list to find it. But whats pretty stupid, you can't join the same team you need equal amounts of players on each side. Wich makes it impossible to show someone the game properly.