Adding NS2Stats to server

dazzn91dazzn91 Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167138Members
How do I do it.

I know I need to change "some" folder with -mods 5fd7a38

And I know I have to put m5fd7a38_1350248228 in mapcycle but that's rather blunt for someone with not a lot of exp in servers.

Comments

• eLboteLbot Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159229Members
    edited November 2012
    Their server had a HDD failure recently, but instructions will be found under 'my account' tab and then 'my servers' once they get it back up.

But in the mean time, you need to add this to your server settings file: <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-mods "5fd7a38"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    Then this to your mapcycle.json: <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->"mods": ["5fd7a38"]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Given the way the question was phrased, I recommend you take a good look here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Dedicated_Server" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...edicated_Server</a>
  • dazzn91dazzn91 Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167138Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2014034:date=Nov 7 2012, 06:15 AM:name=eLbot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eLbot @ Nov 7 2012, 06:15 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014034"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Their server had a HDD failure recently, but instructions will be found under 'my account' tab and then 'my servers' once they get it back up.

But in the mean time, you need to add this to your server settings file: <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-mods "5fd7a38"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    Then this to your mapcycle.json: <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->"mods": ["5fd7a38"]<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

Given the way the question was phrased, I recommend you take a good look here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Dedicated_Server" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...edicated_Server</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I have that website bookmarked as I use it all the time but it's rather confusing at times.

So for the server settings. I take it that's server.txt?

And just add the mapcycle code anywhere?
    Yup, the -mods flag should be in server.txt (and your executable configured to read that server.txt). For example my server.txt looks like this (some information and flags removed):

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-port 30015 -limit 16 -name "UK :: The Thirsty Drifter :: .thirsty Matchsrv" -password ******** -config_path C:\Servers\NS2\srv4\config -modstorage C:\Servers\NS2\srv4\Workshop -mods "5fd7a38" -webadmin -webdomain ********** -webport **** -webusers "**************"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

and the mapcycle.json for that server looks like this (this is a match server, hence the 2 hour map times):
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->{
      "mods": [ "5fd7a38" ],
      "mode": "order",
      "time": 120,
      "maps": [ "ns2_veil", "ns2_mineshaft", "ns2_tram", "ns2_summit", "ns2_docking", "ns2_refinery" ]
    }<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
    <!--quoteo(post=2014087:date=Nov 7 2012, 07:09 AM:name=eLbot)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (eLbot @ Nov 7 2012, 07:09 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2014087"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Yup, the -mods flag should be in server.txt (and your executable configured to read that server.txt). For example my server.txt looks like this (some information and flags removed):

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-port 30015 -limit 16 -name "UK :: The Thirsty Drifter :: .thirsty Matchsrv" -password ******** -config_path C:\Servers\NS2\srv4\config -modstorage C:\Servers\NS2\srv4\Workshop -mods "5fd7a38" -webadmin -webdomain ********** -webport **** -webusers "**************"<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

and the mapcycle.json for that server looks like this (this is a match server, hence the 2 hour map times):
    <!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->{
      "mods": [ "5fd7a38" ],
      "mode": "order",
      "time": 120,
      "maps": [ "ns2_veil", "ns2_mineshaft", "ns2_tram", "ns2_summit", "ns2_docking", "ns2_refinery" ]
    }<!--c2--></div><!--ec2--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Sorry to keep bugging you :P -config_path C:\Servers\NS2\srv4\config -modstorage C:\Servers\NS2\srv4\Workshop -mods "5fd7a38"

Do I need all of that or just the ID?
    edited November 2012
    It's fine! Server ops are a small community so we need to look out for each-other :)

Those flags are there simply because im running 4 servers (and have 7 different instances set up). If you're only running one server, then no those don't need to be there, it's only to separate the config files and workshop folders between instances. Just the -mod flag will work fine, however (not sure about this because i've seen too many builds to keep track of all the changes) it'll likely drop your config folder into %APPDATA% without the config_path flag, and for me that's just ugly and annoying.
    edited November 2012
    <Accidental double post :( >
    I got it all set up, was working fine until I tried to change the MOTD settings. I replaced the file and restarted and it seemed to have killed the json file?

All I have left in the file now is
    {
    "chatMessageSayer": "NS2Stats",
    "killstreaksEnabled": false,
    "tournamentMode": false,
    "awardsEnabled": true
    }

It deleted the rest of the stuff???!?
    edited November 2012
    Hmmn, you manged to access the 'my servers' section of their website in order to change your MOTD? I'm still unable to get there on their website. I'd scratch it up to them still having database/ website/ mod issues. Sit tight, it will sort itself out (well, they will be hard at work to fix it) within the next 48 hours. Your issue there is certainly related.

EDIT: If im reading correctly, you manually tried to edit the MOTD file? I'm not sure if they've changed procedure during their last update - but I'd certainly recommend doing it on their website instead once its working properly, for now: Shut down the server and delete that .json entirely, hopefully after you restart the server it will re-make it, but again - they are having issues right now after a HDD failure so things at this stage might be buggy.
  • SintSint Join Date: 2007-01-09 Member: 59540Members, Squad Five Blue
    There are new install instructions for NS2Stats available in workshop <a href="http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=100497976&searchtext=" target="_blank">workshop</a> and in ns2stats.org <a href="http://ns2stats.org/server/admin" target="_blank">my servers</a>-page (requires steam login).

Changing MOTD and way to optain server key has been changed, old ns2stats enabled servers only need to use new way to edit MOTD.