Motion tracking circles

elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
An option to make them transparent, less intrusive? If i can see something on my screen, i don't need a big white circle messing up the contrast and making it hard to see model facing/animations.

Comments

• YuukiYuuki Join Date: 2010-11-20 Member: 75079Members
    These circles are indeed annoying, it's a bit paradoxical that something that is supposed to help you spot better enemies ends up blocking your view.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yup, visuals are a bit OTT. A simpler more transparent circle would be nice :)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I currently don't find them to be a huge problem, since I'll just aim towards the center of the circle anyways.

More transparency would be nice if your crosshairs is near it. Perhaps have it so that the circles are more solid on the outside of your vision, and become more transparent the closer you get. (I think it already does this? My memory is faulty).
  • IdlerayIdleray Join Date: 2012-10-04 Member: 161464Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    2nded. The motion tracking circle screws me up every time: it never improves my aim and just clutters up the screen with confusing circles.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Agreed.

Motion tracking, makes it harder to track. Somethings wrong here.
    Way over the top. As most of the effects are I feel.
  • ArgathorArgathor Join Date: 2011-07-18 Member: 110942Members, Squad Five Blue
    It seems to me all effects are added with the wrong mindset. They appear to be added with an artists mindset, with the aim of looking cool. Instead, they should be added with their true purpose in mind, assisting players in-game.

A simple distinction but a very important one, getting it wrong adds layers and layers of gameplay frustration (like we have in NS2 now). It creates a very negative experience.
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Yea it's always quite a gamble to find the skulks from the twelve of these blips that appear to your screen in the limited time that you have before you get eaten alive. Without the blips the skulks are very easy to distinguish from Cysts, Crags and what have you.
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2012587:date=Nov 6 2012, 01:49 PM:name=Argathor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Argathor @ Nov 6 2012, 01:49 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012587"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It seems to me all effects are added with the wrong mindset. They appear to be added with an artists mindset, with the aim of looking cool. Instead, they should be added with their true purpose in mind, assisting players in-game.

A simple distinction but a very important one, getting it wrong adds layers and layers of gameplay frustration (like we have in NS2 now). It creates a very negative experience.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    This is spot on. Style needs to be informed by function.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    Hadn't realised how much of a problem this was until now - makes a lot of sense. And Arga hit the nail on the head.

I guess we'll have to wait until Spark has transparency.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2012587:date=Nov 6 2012, 03:49 AM:name=Argathor)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Argathor @ Nov 6 2012, 03:49 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012587"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->It seems to me all effects are added with the wrong mindset. They appear to be added with an artists mindset, with the aim of looking cool. Instead, they should be added with their true purpose in mind, assisting players in-game.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Absolutely agree.

The circles end up obstructing my view quite often, especially in large alien rushes or pushes to the alien base.
  • barnejbarnej Join Date: 2004-10-30 Member: 32526Members
    edited November 2012
    It would be nice if it would just outline the enemy, smiliar to how aliens see.