Regen upgrade

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
<div class="IPBDescription">refills health instantly after succesful kill</div>rather than slowly healing you and taking you out of combat i think regen should instantly regen your health after a succesful kill - for fade, lerk, and skulk.

but for onos health would regenrate when you destroy structures.
(this is because onos would be too OP if it was regen for kills. and onos is a great anti structure unit)

and for gorge
regen would be small regen per succesful hit, since you don't normally get a large amount of kills as gorge.

Comments

• SentrySteveSentrySteve .txt Join Date: 2002-03-09 Member: 290Members, Constellation
    Absolutely not. There are some players who can consistently kill packs of 2 marines as a skulk. If this upgrade went in, for those players, it wouldn't even be challenge. If a skulk ever made it to the marine base, all they'd have to do is camp the IP and have access to free regens.

I do agree that regen in it's current state is very under used and not that useful. Perhaps keep the passive regen, but have a significant increase in the speed of regen if on creep and out of combat (not damaged) for 5 seconds.
  • MkilbrideMkilbride Join Date: 2010-01-07 Member: 69952Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2012031:date=Nov 6 2012, 03:59 AM:name=schkorpio)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (schkorpio @ Nov 6 2012, 03:59 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012031"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->rather than slowly healing you and taking you out of combat i think regen should instantly regen your health after a succesful kill - for fade, lerk, and skulk.

but for onos health would regenrate when you destroy structures.
    (this is because onos would be too OP if it was regen for kills. and onos is a great anti structure unit)

and for gorge
    regen would be small regen per succesful hit, since you don't normally get a large amount of kills as gorge.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Aliens win over 70% of matches according to the current statistics shown by Unknown Worlds, nearly 80%. Do you really think they need such an absurd buff? Skulk, I might be ok with, since they are squishy.

But...Fade? Lerk? Hell no...Marines would loose 90% of the time.
  • KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    @schkorpio
    You mean like the frenzy upgrade that was removed ~7 months ago because it was hopelessly OP? hehe
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    Frenzy with fade i still have nightmares of that from mid beta
  • Omega_K2Omega_K2 Join Date: 2011-12-25 Member: 139013Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2012236:date=Nov 6 2012, 06:36 AM:name=Khyron)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Khyron @ Nov 6 2012, 06:36 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012236"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->@schkorpio
    You mean like the frenzy upgrade that was removed ~7 months ago because it was hopelessly OP? hehe<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Frenzy Fade, sitting in that base camping ips and practically being immortal.... D:

Also created other problems like promoting going solo because bad players in your group would "feed" the alienes and refill their hp basically.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=2012042:date=Nov 6 2012, 04:08 AM:name=Mkilbride)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Mkilbride @ Nov 6 2012, 04:08 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012042"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Aliens win over 70% of matches according to the current statistics shown by Unknown Worlds, nearly 80%. Do you really think they need such an absurd buff? Skulk, I might be ok with, since they are squishy.

But...Fade? Lerk? Hell no...Marines would loose 90% of the time.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

5 days ago it was almost 50-50 (see <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012/11/post_launch_post_mortem)" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/news/2012...ch_post_mortem)</a>.

May I know where you get that ?

Thank you,

RedSword