Onos gore

GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
<div class="IPBDescription">Disrupts reload?</div>When I get gored by an onos, my weapon model gets knocked around and sometimes I find it hard to reload (I would go to reload, but it gets interrupted halfway). Is this a side effect of the onos gore, or a bug? Has anybody else experienced this?

I get that the animations are meant to make it seem like you're being hit by a 2000lb space gorilla rhino, and that's cool, just wondering if the onos gore had a hidden effect.

Comments

• BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited November 2012
    Yes.

Some time ago gore even knocked the marine down completely (like stomp does now).
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    lol, there's one of my 'WTF?' moments explained :)

also... is there a 3rd person animation for the gore attack? i was watching an onos the other day and it seemed like he was just standing idle while he was clearly attacking a building.

maybe it was bugged, but if not i'd really like that animation put in... along with flamethrower reload animation which is also bugging me.
  • GorgenapperGorgenapper Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157916Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2011351:date=Nov 5 2012, 12:48 PM:name=tarquinbb)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tarquinbb @ Nov 5 2012, 12:48 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011351"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->lol, there's one of my 'WTF?' moments explained :)

also... is there a 3rd person animation for the gore attack? i was watching an onos the other day and it seemed like he was just standing idle while he was clearly attacking a building.

maybe it was bugged, but if not i'd really like that animation put in... along with flamethrower reload animation which is also bugging me.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

@bicsum Thanks for the confirmation.

@tarquinbb There should be an animation for the onos when he hits a building or an exo, it's called smash. The onos rears up and lunges forward with both forelimbs. Gore is automatically used on marines - it's when he swings his head from side to side and up and down to use the horn.
  • GuspazGuspaz Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2862Members, Constellation
    The first-person animation for Onos gore seems pretty weak too. Not from the damage perspective or anything, but from the "very understated animation makes it hard to tell if I'm hitting stuff".

From the first-person perspective, your view model doesn't go anywhere near the enemy that you're killing.
  • TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    You do get a bunch of phalluses waving around the edges of your vision though, which is its own reward.
  • tarquinbbtarquinbb Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166314Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2011439:date=Nov 5 2012, 06:50 PM:name=Guspaz)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Guspaz @ Nov 5 2012, 06:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011439"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The first-person animation for Onos gore seems pretty weak too. Not from the damage perspective or anything, but from the "very understated animation makes it hard to tell if I'm hitting stuff".

From the first-person perspective, your view model doesn't go anywhere near the enemy that you're killing.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

marines dying near instantly is all the confirmation you need though :D

anyway, i was looking out for it in spectator a minute ago and the onos animations were looking pretty cool... i think the player i saw the other day must have bugged out or something.