So when are Hypermutation and Feign Death gonna come back?

CJoker3221CJoker3221 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165521Members
edited November 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
When are Hypermutation and Feign Death gonna come back?
Any ETA?

edit: added question to topic title for clarification.

Comments

• MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    edited November 2012
    <u><b>CJoker3221:</b></u>

I'd actually like to see other abilities test out first or reworks to the current abilities than just fixes

My thoughts on hypermutation was that it should offer a boost to existing upgrades in addition lowering the cost to evolve into advanced lifeforms
    The trade off could be a much longer gestation time when you equip it making it not a viable option for players that run in, fight, die, repeat
    It could also remove the current upgrade limits allowing players to take Carapace + Regeneration again
    Lerks with Hypermutation + Camoflauge would be able to glide and stay cloaked. . .etc. . .

My thoughts on Feign Death were that it wasn't viable at all spawning in a clone, cloaking the user, and then letting them bolt immediately if they saved energy for leap/blink/charge/etc. . .

I'd like to see Feign Death changed to a defensive upgrade that keeps the player alive longer by making them harder to hit
    A hallucination that creates mirror copies that stay close to the user or a blur effect like the fade has while they are blinking could go a long way
    If blur is the option the upgrade could make the <u>alien immune to the marines scanner</u> since it's creating such a distortion
    The hallucination to be balanced would probably have trigger once an alien takes damage for the first time and be on a long cooldown before it triggers again
    Hallucinations would remain after the primary alien dies though making it ideal for group fights with many aliens using it

-