Armor Three Marines- Thoughts?

2»

Comments

• TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2011591:date=Nov 5 2012, 03:53 PM:name=Temphage)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Temphage @ Nov 5 2012, 03:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011591"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Leap actually does zero damage now. You can stop doing what I was doing and leap at marines for extra damage, because it won't get you anywhere :(<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hm. Surprised its not in, getting a leap kill in NS1 was comedy.
  • snowfox86snowfox86 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165579Members
    edited November 2012
    I don't get why there are so much talk about the marines weapon and armor in game and out. The aliens have ways to negate that. Get me a lerk with some stinky stinky gas, hang out till i do just 1 sweep over a pack of marines, and see how much easier it is for them to fall. If some of you die and things are looking grim? No worries, I'm coming in for another sweep, oh look a guy who's not paying attention. Let me just bite him quick.. Oh goody goody, now he's poisoned.

My personal favorite was a game I played earlier today where I would perch at the far end of a hallway with a fade chamo'd in a corner. I'd just shoot them at a range, hit them enough to make them angry, let them hit me a few times and then fly off. They chase and pass the fade completely, he comes in and scoops up the kills. I got regen so rinse and repeat.

So many lerks are just acting as re-positional turrets. GET IN THERE! Fly around, buzz around their heads and pull aggro! If they're trying to kill you, they're not trying to kill the skulks nibbling at their feet. Who cares about armor 3 by that point!

If you're flying straight at them head on... You're doing it wrong, you're fast! Get around the other side and get them from behind, flap up and bite one, then flap away.

If you're a gorge? Try hitting them with your spit, try bile bombing them even! Think of it this way... As an alien. If there is anything you think you can do to whither down a marine/group of marines health and armor to make it easier for some one else to get the jump on them? Do it! Sure you may not get the "killing blow" and feel awesome and such... But you'll be winning the game!
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2011166:date=Nov 5 2012, 11:39 AM:name=Madrawn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Madrawn @ Nov 5 2012, 11:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011166"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The problem with trying weaken the marines is that their commander probably build a armory around the next corner.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Cause every marine RT has an armoury next to it.

Also it takes 4 direct bites to kill an a3 marine, 280 hp vs 300 dmg.
  • UnderwhelmedUnderwhelmed DemoDetective #?&#33; Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58026Members, Constellation
    <!--quoteo(post=2011578:date=Nov 5 2012, 03:42 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Nov 5 2012, 03:42 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011578"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Sorry but killing is often completely necessary to control areas and win games. Chomping power nodes and res towers is one thing, but a skulk needs to be able to ambush and fight marines. Its not like LMG marines lose the ability to damage structures late game, or some other bizarre twist in gameplay.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes, and it doesn't fall to the skulk to do all of that. I repeat myself again: You can't look at the skulk without considering it's role on the alien team. Alien firepower shifts to higher lifeforms as the game progresses and despite the cries of skulks not doing enough damage, I'd like to point out their 75 damage isn't much less than the 81 damage of the Fade. I hardly see anybody complaining that an Onos will beat a dual Exosuit in 1v1 so why insist on singling out the basic marine and the skulk?

Part of the difficulty people are complaining about right now stems from the fact that pub alien teams don't know how to play. They'll respond to teammates calling things out, but they haven't learned how to patrol the map as skulks and keep marines parasited so that aliens can bring superior numbers into play. They don't know the good ambush spots. They don't know their limits so they die easily avoidable deaths, which results in a difficult late game. Hell, some teams haven't even figure out they should camp phase gates instead of hitting the power node on opposing side of the room.