Begging for: sv_alltalk for teaching ns2

slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
halflife has sv_alltalk 1 to allow everyone to hear voice comms, a great option for very casual games and for teaching and game training.

Can we pleeeeease get this switch for ns2?

This would make it so much easier for *teaching* ns2 to friends or clans and might even make for training/newbie servers where experienced marines and aliens actually talk to the enemy to help train them and give advice.

I vote +1:
sv_alltalk 0/1

(Hopefully it is a pretty minor patch to what i assume is the server engine as I cant find it in the lua and it is obviously the server which works out who to transmit your voice comms to.)

Comments

• slayer.faithslayer.faith Join Date: 2007-12-10 Member: 63127Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    I <3 ns2!

I knew I should have ditched notepad and gone right unix command line and done: grep -i voice *lua | grep -i chat

That let me discover a function that pointed me to NS2Gamerules.lua line 1424 which has:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->    // Function for allowing teams to hear each other's voice chat
        function NS2Gamerules:GetCanPlayerHearPlayer(listenerPlayer, speakerPlayer)<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

and further down:

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->        // Or if cheats or dev mode is on, they can hear each other
            if(Shared.GetCheatsEnabled() or Shared.GetDevMode()) then
                canHear = true
            end<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->

So once again <3 <3 <3 <3