How to create a server

LUXYGAYLUXYGAY Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166785Members
edited November 2012 in Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">How to create a server</div>Does this game how erection server
Currently only easy to establish in the game
There are other kinds of way to build it?

I watch the NS2 wiki
I downloaded SteamCmd run the program
The program shut down immediately
Can not enter any command

Is there no friends to give me some information
Thank you

Comments

• woodywoody SoCal Woody56 Join Date: 2004-02-14 Member: 26541Members
    Its easy to get it up lol
    Rent a servant :)
    oops I mean a server
  • LUXYGAYLUXYGAY Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166785Members
    I have successfully set up
    But in the server list
    He was (LAN) on behalf of the other players can not see
    How do I do?
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2009906:date=Nov 4 2012, 02:28 PM:name=LUXY######)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUXY###### @ Nov 4 2012, 02:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009906"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I have successfully set up
    But in the server list
    He was (LAN) on behalf of the other players can not see
    How do I do?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Start by making sure you forward <b>2</b> ports. Game port and game port + 1 (something like 27015 and 27016). There are also some other issues that cause this problem
    edited November 2012
    I do not know
    I've conducted in the wiki
    [Running multiple servers per machine]
    And changed the shortcut
    Server.exe-name "NS2 Server 1"-config_path "C: \ NS2Server-1 \ config"-file "C: \ NS2Server-1 \ config \ server1.txt"

I based instructional videos
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v5NuFpo9B-U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=v5NuFpo9B-U</a> #!
    Establish a server.XML
    But it does not seem to have any effect

Next, how can I do it

I am very stupid
    Tell me how to do
    Or if you need any information I can provide
    Such as the firewall I closed all state
  • oldassgamersoldassgamers Join Date: 2011-02-02 Member: 80033Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    <!--quoteo(post=2009954:date=Nov 4 2012, 08:01 PM:name=LUXY######)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUXY###### @ Nov 4 2012, 08:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2009954"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do not know
    I've conducted in the wiki
    [Running multiple servers per machine]
    And changed the shortcut
    Server.exe-name "NS2 Server 1"-config_path "C: \ NS2Server-1 \ config"-file "C: \ NS2Server-1 \ config \ server1.txt"

I based instructional videos
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=v5NuFpo9B-U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=playe...p;v=v5NuFpo9B-U</a> #!
    Establish a server.XML
    But it does not seem to have any effect

Next, how can I do it

I am very stupid
    Tell me how to do
    Or if you need any information I can provide
    Such as the firewall I closed all state<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Hi sorry, the video is out of date. Uwe has rechanged how server.xml work. It now uses .txt file instead.

I'll remake a new video once I have time, I've just been so busy with hosting servers and my community. Sorry I don't even have time to reply you with a detalj on how to set it up. But please contact me on ts.oldassgamers.com (teamspeak 3 server) and ask for poofighter. It's me :D I give you all the information that you need.
    The XML Path change means TXT?
    But one of the arguments?
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2012
    The new arguments are here: <a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/index.php/Dedicated_Server#Basic_Configuration" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/ns2/wiki/inde...c_Configuration</a>

Treat what you enter in server.txt as what you would enter if it were the command line argument for Server.exe

Your startup line is correct (assuming you spaced the arguments correctly):
    Server.exe -name "NS2 Server 1" -config_path "C:\NS2Server-1\config" -file "C:\NS2Server-1\config\server1.txt"

That means your C:\NS2Server-1\config\server1.txt file contains the command line arguments.
    edited November 2012
    Major discovery ... server created, it will exist LAN with the ordinary two-channel
    So, when the LAN does not mean failure
    In other words, I have long successful just did not find myself
    I open the server go to her
    Invite a friend to come in only to find
    Thanks for everyone's help
    D:\NS2Server\Server.exe -name "[TW]NS2Saber#2"-limit 25 <!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><<<true!!</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I still can not control the server via txt
    I do not know txt how to fill
    I do not know if there is a successful reference to txt
  • 101ways2pwn101ways2pwn Join Date: 2012-11-06 Member: 167792Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2012730:date=Nov 6 2012, 10:20 AM:name=LUXY######)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUXY###### @ Nov 6 2012, 10:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012730"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Major discovery ... server created, it will exist LAN with the ordinary two-channel
    D:\NS2Server\Server.exe -name "[TW]NS2Saber#2"-limit 25 <!--sizeo:6--><span style="font-size:24pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><b><<<true!!</b><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

I do not know if there is a successful reference to txt<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

By text you mean console?
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2012730:date=Nov 6 2012, 10:20 AM:name=LUXY######)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LUXY###### @ Nov 6 2012, 10:20 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2012730"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Major discovery ... server created, it will exist LAN with the ordinary two-channel

I do not know if there is a successful reference to txt<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    If you are trying to use the console you can launch the server with "-console". You will see a gray window. Click that window and press "~".
    Or you can click on the server window and press "Tab"
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey man, I saw your server on my server list the other day. Glad you got it running, if you need some more help I can attempt to help you in Chinese. (although I'm really crap at it but I'll try hahaha)