Server List

wh173wh173 Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166609Members
edited November 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">"</div><b>couple of things annoyied me on the server list, and nowdays i expect them on everygame

so basicly they are:</b>

1 - listing by ping doesnt "stick" and doesnt refresh when the list is still being retrieved.

2 - cant list who´s inside servers, can only do that outside the game on steam. which defeats the purpose of the server list interface.

3 - cant refresh pings without refreshing entire list

4 - having a number to know how many people are trying to join the full server, where you are on the queue, and also perhaps estimated time to join.

<b>
and one more thing that i take from dota 2, and its great, which is:</b>

5 - if a server is full and i have to wait, would be cool that if i alt tabbed to do something else, i received a sound telling me that ive joined the game and that i should alt tab back. dota 2 do that by not turning off game sound when i alt tab. or, ns2 could do one better and make the entire game interface from start to server join windowed, and only going full screen once i join the server, kinda like bf3 does with battlelog.

those suggestions would make joining the game a much better/easier experience.

ps.: not really about the server list but i dont want to make a new topic for this:

once you join, should be a timer once the game starts to random everyone thats still on the readyroom, and people shouldnt be able to spam f4 to come back for a while once they are randomed. and kick for afking, inside the game and on the readyroom. taking slots and going afk really hurt the gameplay of whos playing.