jetpacks and vents

Cyberwarrior00785Cyberwarrior00785 Join Date: 2010-02-20 Member: 70651Members
aliens are supposed to dominate the vents (use them to hide and travel) but as soon as marines get jetpacks that changes, can the devs make it so a marine can only go a certain amount of the way in?

Comments

• TemphageTemphage Join Date: 2009-10-28 Member: 69158Members
    The bigger issue I have is that the vents turn into torpedo tubes with a jetpack in it. I'm fine with them being in the vent, but they shouldn't be able to blast down it at 100 MPH like they currently do.

In NS1 if you made the vent the exact height of a crouching marine, aliens could fit through fine, but marines would have to walk even with a jetpack. Was a nice compromise (but most mappers never figured this out).
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope it's never changed, every part of the map should be accessible to marines, otherwise you get alien safe zones. They would also have a harder time to explain how a fade could fit in the vent as well if the marine isn't allowed in.

Plus I enjoy sneaking through vents too much.