Issue with Game volume & Voice Volume

WezlehWezleh Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166345Members
<div class="IPBDescription">In game issue regarding voice volume levels.</div>I've recently started playing NS2.
My audio in games is usually perfectly fine.
I'm not sure if it's a 7.1 surround sound issue, or not; but I'm using my Razer Megalodon headset, and apparently people can hear me perfectly fine.
But I've got an issue hearing them, i'd turn the music volume off & the game volume pretty low - so there's hardly any game volume, and i leave the voice volume as high as it can go.
Now the issue is I can't hear people properly, sometimes I can't hear them at all, and when I do manage to hear them a bit; the game volume somehow is louder than the voice volume.

Sorry if this makes no sense :p I'm trying to explain it as best as I can, it's just pretty confusing to word it properly.

If anybody has a solution for this please help me out, it's really frustrating. :(

Thanks.

//Wezleh

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51659
    edited November 2012
    The thing is that the voice volume slider seems to alter your outgoing voice volume, not the incoming volume of other's voices.

This bugs me as hell as in some cases I simply can't hear my teammates.

We really need an incoming voice slider or maybe an option that lowers all effect and music volume when someone's using voice.

Edit: Is your surname Crusha? :p
  • WezlehWezleh Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166345Members
    It's a very annoying issue, hopefully something gets sorted, where you can boost the incoming voice volume, or.. something :( anything! just fix it, please :(
    But i did also notice when i lower the game volume it also lowers the voice volume too, it's like there's no way to fix it :(.

& the option on lowering the volumes when someone is speaking could be a good idea, i know skype does that when i'm playing games ^_^

& No my surname is not Crusha :p

Please, someone find a solution, i'll give you shinies & cookies :(