I need to commend the community again. I am...

Dictator93Dictator93 Join Date: 2008-12-21 Member: 65833Members, Reinforced - Shadow
just astounded. Never in my entire time of playing niche games (dawn of war II being an example) have I experienced such a productive, nice, and helpful community. Every single game I have been in so far has seen vets helping the noobs and noobs just having a blast. I dropped as a skulk from a ceiling by a kneeling marine and he killed me (admittedly, I saw his armour, his pose, his unsureness of movement and thought, let this guy have a chance). He typed in all chat after killing me, "I nearly ###### my pants. Holy hell!"

Elated that the player just experienced a golden Natural selection moment (that is being scared ######less by a skulk in some dark corner of a room), I struck up convo with him and the other noobs in the server. They were happy that this game required team work and that there was a mutual respect among players. At the end even though aliens lost there was no complaining from the noobs that the game was unbalanced or something. They just admitted they needed to work harder as a team and capitalize more on mistakes and advantages.

It was just awesome.

I love this game.

Comments

• IamGrimmIamGrimm Join Date: 2012-11-03 Member: 166361Members
    I've only had one dude getting angry because our Commander was bad.

Everyone on our team ripped on the angry dude because everyone thought the Commander should have a fair shot at his first time Commanding.

We lost, sure, but it was good to see that almost <i>everyone</i> helped our first time Comm.