Gamer Tag bug

Side1Bu2Rnz9Side1Bu2Rnz9 Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162510Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
I've experienced a very minor bug dealing with my player name in game. My steam name was a complicated "[ЯтR] Side1Bu2Rnz9". That's where the issue is... the symbols "Ят" are not going away when trying to delete and they show up as ?? in game. Not a major issue just something I believe is a specific issue. Love the game so far... you guys did an amazing job on it! Congrats!

Comments

• WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I had that same issue before.

Try checking the options.xml file if you can directly modify the name there.

\Steam\userdata\<userid>\4920\remote\options.xml
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    A VVEEERRRYY old and well known bug.
    Today's patch have addressed how character types are handled so see if its fixed?
    If not dont worry, its reported anyways :)