commander large map overlay main screen

schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
The mini map works well, but i think that it would be a cool option to have a large transparent map overlayed across the main screen. (maybe like 20-50% transparency)

it would be non interactive, but pings/people talking/buildings taking damage would still show up - these little icons would be full opacity - it would almost be like a radar is overlayed your view.

i think it would go a long way to keep track of everything - as that seems to be just as important (if not more important that just the sole thing you are looking at).

also when you drop a building or ammo or ability the transparent map would disappear until you have dropped your item or placed your building (or have it as manual toggle).

Comments

• SixPairsOfFeetSixPairsOfFeet Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146689Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I don't like that idea too much. I think it adds way too much visual noise. You can always just press your map key at any time and get something even better.
  • VantskruvVantskruv Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166678Members
    Myself, it feels like the commander UI is quite spare [note I've only played as a commander 2 times, but these are my inital thoughts). What I'm missing:
    * A better overview of the map, i.e. the 3D-map is too awkard and big. A bigger and more detailed 2D-map would be nice, where you can add structures and select units. Pressing C all the time is awkard. Controlled sectors may be presented by a lightblue-gray color, powered down sectors maybe yellow, and enemy/uncontrolled sectors red. Possibilty to draw defence-lines and offence/push-lines for players to see. Maybe a 2D- and 3D-map should be options to choose from by commander?
    * A side list of selectable units and squads with a action menu to give orders, even while they are spawning.
    * Detailed key-bindings for commander.

Maybe some of features already exists, but anyway these are my thoughts as 2 times commander. :)