ENSL Season 1 - T-minus 3 weeks!

swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
edited November 2012 in Competitive Play
<div class="IPBDescription">Sign up your team!</div>I would like to announce that the first season for NS2 is coming to <a href="http://www.ENSL.org" target="_blank">ENSL.org</a>
The season is a competetion that's stretching over longer time. So you will only have one game a week, by default on sundays.

The game have just been released, so we want to give new teams some time to form.
So the season will start in about 3 weeks, more exactly the 25th of november. This will be 24th for americans as they have thanksgiving the 25th.
I hear rumours about austrailians joining up, which will make an entire other division for the seasons.
At the end there will be a Champions League, to find out who's currently the best team in the world.

You can already sign your team up for the season on the site.
More specificly in Agenda -> Team (click your team name) -> Edit (in the buttom) -> Contests -> NS2 S1.
Note that you have to be the leader of your team on the site to be able to do it.
The signups end on monday the 19th, so make sure you sign up a team with at least 6 players for the first match.
After the signups closes, new players on your team will not be able to play for the 7 first days, to prevent clanjumping.

Hope lots of teams will sign up, and we can have a rather big first season on ENSL.
Peace out!

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Is this going to be a EU-only league?
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    Everyone are welcome, at least for now.
    First off, Americans don't have an alternative(yet?), so would be mean to shut them out.
    And I don't think it would get very big if we limited it to european teams only. At least with the current amount of teams.
    I think we should try and go for maximum number of teams we can get, and deal with it in the best way possible.
    And with all these new players from release, we might see alot of teams incoming.
    We all know the difficulties with ping differences, so hopes for seperate EU/NA leagues later on when enough teams to do it.
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2003595:date=Oct 31 2012, 11:16 PM:name=ScardyBob)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ScardyBob @ Oct 31 2012, 11:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003595"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Is this going to be a EU-only league?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

There were many season in NS1, when teams and players from America, Canada and Argentina did participate. Not sure about any others atm.

I would suggest to read on general league rules (although, these are NS1 rules, which have to be re-written for NS2. I'd suspect majority of it will stay the same):
    <a href="http://www.ensl.org/articles/400" target="_blank">http://www.ensl.org/articles/400</a>

Season rules will be published as well, e.g. S15 additional rules were:
    <a href="http://www.ensl.org/articles/625" target="_blank">http://www.ensl.org/articles/625</a>
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2003624:date=Nov 1 2012, 12:34 AM:name=bHack)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bHack @ Nov 1 2012, 12:34 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003624"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->There were many season in NS1, when teams and players from America, Canada and Argentina did participate. Not sure about any others atm.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Most seasons were EU servers only, though.

As soon as enough teams sign up to have two divisions with at least six EU teams in each, ENSL should return to being an EU servers only league IMO. It's time to get serious, and I'm sure the americans will be able to set up their own league in due time.
  • koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    just posted a News on lerk.de for the germans around ...
    i hope it will be a great success
  • BarbetosBarbetos Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73209Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Aw. Wish I had a team to play with. If anyone needs a ringer I would like to help. XD
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    Also, this:
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_NS_Competition_Winners" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_NS_Competition_Winners</a>
  • The_Clam93The_Clam93 Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165230Members
    Hmm... This sounds like a good place to start... I'm putting together a team, we're all non-beta players, but very excited about the game. We seem to be doing just fine in the pugs, winning +90% of the games (lost... 2 or so since launch), mostly due to our coordination i guess.

so a tourney sounds awesome. count us in, signing up in a couple of days.
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    What days do matches usually get played on or is it arranged between the clans? I've not done clan play in NS for years.
  • nadylinadyli Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62791Members, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2006088:date=Nov 2 2012, 11:33 AM:name=ForlornHope)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ForlornHope @ Nov 2 2012, 11:33 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006088"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What days do matches usually get played on or is it arranged between the clans? I've not done clan play in NS for years.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Default time to play matches is Sunday 20.00 CET but you can always reschedule with the other team.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I think this is an opportunity too good to miss. We weren't going to enter any tournaments or leagues this early due to being a newly formed team, but I think you should put our name down for this, as we'll probably be ready mid-season. So best to get us in from the start :D

Does this mean we have to sort our roster out before the comp starts? What are the limits on registered players? We currently have about 12, but we have no idea of the main 6 yet.
  • TrCTrC Join Date: 2008-11-30 Member: 65612Members
    No limit, but each player can only play for one team. Swapping players between rounds has usually been allowed.

May change, but this is how it has been so probably will be aswell.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=2006296:date=Nov 2 2012, 01:35 PM:name=Soul_Rider)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Soul_Rider @ Nov 2 2012, 01:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006296"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think this is an opportunity too good to miss. We weren't going to enter any tournaments or leagues this early due to being a newly formed team, but I think you should put our name down for this, as we'll probably be ready mid-season. So best to get us in from the start :D<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You have to sign up on the website. Don't do it if you can't play every week, though.

ENSL has always had relaxed rules on rosters, so don't worry about roster size or changing out players mid-season.
  • PersianImm0rtalPersianImm0rtal Join Date: 2010-12-02 Member: 75414Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    What days would the matches be played on???
    Matches can be played at any time the teams can agree to. Default time if no agreement is made is 20:00 CET on Sunday.
  • MuYeahMuYeah Join Date: 2006-12-26 Member: 59261Members
    I am excited to see ENSL back on form!

<!--quoteo(post=2003954:date=Nov 1 2012, 04:14 AM:name=bHack)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bHack @ Nov 1 2012, 04:14 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2003954"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Also, this:
    <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_NS_Competition_Winners" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Past_NS_Competition_Winners</a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I can't believe torment v2 never won anything.
    Like all good finnish teams of that era, they had the skill to win games, but lacked the mettle to win tournaments.
  • vartijavartija Join Date: 2007-03-02 Member: 60193Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow
    tbh 25th november sounds horrible date. There is christmas and new year which causes not any games to be played. Unless you're going to finish the league in 2 weeks I would suggest delaying it.
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=2006725:date=Nov 2 2012, 05:37 PM:name=vartija)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (vartija @ Nov 2 2012, 05:37 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2006725"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->tbh 25th november sounds horrible date. There is christmas and new year which causes not any games to be played. Unless you're going to finish the league in 2 weeks I would suggest delaying it.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Good point.
    But I think we could adress this with a minor "winter break"
    We already have 9 teams signed up, and still more than 3 weeks left to get in on this!
    That is awesome!
    Well! Our team, Actioneers just signed up... and... if you don't mind me saying, DAT ROSTER. dayum, that looks like some pro-ass teams. Oh well, it'll be fun, and hopefully We'll get to internet-shake hands with a couple pros. That's the downside of being a non-beta team i guess :) the time we've practiced isn't even remotely close to the other teams. Oh well! We'll give it a shot, and at least fight for honor if we are to face our superiors!
  • frogfrog Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162551Members
    Maybe I'm just dumb, but it seems impossible to find the list of teams registered for the season. Anyone want to help a special person out here?
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=2011253:date=Nov 5 2012, 05:34 PM:name=frog)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (frog @ Nov 5 2012, 05:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2011253"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Maybe I'm just dumb, but it seems impossible to find the list of teams registered for the season. Anyone want to help a special person out here?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    <a href="http://www.ensl.org/contests/115" target="_blank">http://www.ensl.org/contests/115</a>
  • frogfrog Join Date: 2012-10-17 Member: 162551Members
    Eesh, looks like us post-beta teams are really gonna have a run for our money. All the name-brand clans are on the board. I was kinda hoping this would be like, I dunno, we'd get eight badges before we moved on to the Elite Four. I feel like my magikarp won't have time to evolve into gyarados before this heats up.
  • nadylinadyli Join Date: 2007-11-01 Member: 62791Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2012
    Don't worry we're going to split the teams into smaller pools (divisions) when the season starts. It will keep the seasons shorter and easier to manage and help with the skill differences so you won't be that overwhelmed.
    That sounds like a good idea, provided enough teams join in. Like... 2-3 non beta teams noticed this post and signed up? We need some PR done i reckon. We could ask Hugh?
  • Rich_Rich_ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167152Members
    Neat! Hope to find a team! Maybe if enough US and EU teams join by november 25th you can make two divisions!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Although most NA persons will be out of town/state celebrating a national holiday on the 25th , -[420]- is signed up just in case. :)
    Which holiday is that? I don't know much american culture... Christmas is quite a while away still.
    Good job on signing up people, 13 teams now! This will only be more exciting the more teams we have :)
    We're starting to get a good amount of teams now. If we get a few more, I would actually suggest that you make three divisions: Division 1, Division 2 and North America division.