Anyone here comming from Tremulous ?

2»

Comments

• TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Yep, came from Gloom back in the day.
    Gave Tremulous a shot, really disliked it after playing NS for a good long while; not enough strategy, too much twitch. Plus... y'know. Gloom was still around (with a decent player-base), to scratch that particular itch, but better.
  • rotacakrotacak Join Date: 2013-02-15 Member: 183091Members
    Welcome, players of Tremulous! And good luck with that kickstarter, it would be awesome to see a remake. Having never played it (Though often meaning to), I'm not sure if this is valid: But perhaps the Spark engine could help you make it? With all the NS2 wall walking / alien movement code you could use as a base, it might allow you to get the game out faster.

Of course, many will howl at me about performance, but if Tremulous doesn't have a commander mode it is very likely the game logic code would not be as crazy complex as NS2's, and thus the game could run very fast in Spark.

Thank you. Spark engine can help us with alien wallwalking etc. that is true, but we already selected Unreal Engine 3. And yes, Tremulous does not have commander mode - anyway I was sent you PM about licensing information about Spark engine.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    edited February 2013
    just thought i'd add.
    Ns1 came out in 2002.
    Tremulous came out in 2005.
    'cording to the wiki's.
    So where the hecks this gloom i keep hearing about?! Can someone linky?
  • Not SureNot Sure Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177758Members
    <3 tremulous. <3 having your view rotate when you're upside down or on a wall.
  • OgraitOgrait Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164306Members
    AurOn2 wrote: »
    just thought i'd add.
    Ns1 came out in 2002.
    Tremulous came out in 2005.
    'cording to the wiki's.
    So where the hecks this gloom i keep hearing about?! Can someone linky?

It's 90's :D. hard to find websites. Beta came late -98.
    http://www.quakewiki.net/archives/teamreaction/gloom/news.htm

• radionautradionaut california Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181192Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Gold
    i come from Tremulous, still play it from time to time. the server AA is still going strong!! unfortunately 1.2 gpp never really took off.. then again, if it had i might not have sought out NS2 xD

also, any word on Tremulous 2? that kickstarter link seems to be dead.
  • RapGodRapGod Not entirely sure... Join Date: 2013-11-12 Member: 189322Members
    I come from earth.
  • MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wooooo back to the future, let me get my time machine and join in. :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Talking to other ns2 players, I played tremulous a few times just recently.