Bite Hit Detection

blackholedreamsblackholedreams Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26023Members
Maybe I'm going crazy, but the skulk bite hit detection seems incredibly off to me. I just spent a game where the majority of my bites did nothing. Is this a fairly common issue, did I just have a bad server, any thoughts?

Comments

• ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I find it's pretty accurate. Were you lagging or suffering with low FPS at all?
  • blackholedreamsblackholedreams Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26023Members
    Wasn't lagging at the time I was doing all the biting, but I was playing on an official server that did lag me out at the end.
  • bHackbHack Join Date: 2010-03-23 Member: 71059Members
    <!--quoteo(post=2002972:date=Oct 31 2012, 05:31 PM:name=blackholedreams)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (blackholedreams @ Oct 31 2012, 05:31 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2002972"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Wasn't lagging at the time I was doing all the biting, but I was playing on an official server that did lag me out at the end.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's not just bitereg. It's a hitreg issue. It is improved now, as it was much worse =)
    The major influence could be: your fps, ping to server, target's ping to server.
    From the game dev. perspective - it will be improved in further patches.
    From the connection perspective - you can't really do anything about it, apart from changing the server where you don't lag, that's if you did lag in the first place though...
  • blackholedreamsblackholedreams Join Date: 2004-02-04 Member: 26023Members
    It's good to know that hitreg is still an issue. Some things never change, I guess.