Ping spikes creating some annoying lag

PeacefulwarriorPeacefulwarrior Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158825Members
I have played several games now since release, all played wonderfully. However, the last two games have been extremly laggy in terms of watching my ping spike from 62 to 999 then 680 and then back to 68. Its random and the spike happens whenever i move. Is anyone else having this problem and might have a solution?

Comments

• GanJaBFDGanJaBFD Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73031Members
    Yes I am also experiencing this issue. I have played with all my settings and nothing appears to change this issue.
  • ScubboScubbo Join Date: 2012-10-03 Member: 161364Members
    make sure you're playing on a server with 90%+ performance when there a players in it (the server browser will show you this) don't join a game with below that, especially if it isnt near full yet --- and 100% performance is easy to get when there is no players in, so you keep an eye out for the "overclocked" and UWE Official servers
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    I thought it's my router or ISP, but I've done some more testing and it appears to be the game D: . I'm also having terrible terrible "hitching" issues and my ping jumps, then it goes back down for a few minutes then jumps again. You can see my ping jumping to 260+ on the scoreboard (tab) from ~70.

GTX 480 latest beta drivers, i7 920 OCd, max settings win7 x64.

I'm starting to think it's crazy things like maybe messed up ISP routing/slowdowns because of the hurricane... I can't pin down when or how it happens.

I also live in Salt Lake City, UT using Comcast by the way; just looking for the common thread here... And it's not the "tick lag" that you're talking about above. It's actual lag as if my internet is being choked.
  • AmIAnnoyingNowAmIAnnoyingNow Join Date: 2004-03-15 Member: 27352Members
    I've only had this issue on the official servers, i was disconnected from 4/7 servers today by the red plug, all 4 of the red plug servers were the official ones.
  • GanJaBFDGanJaBFD Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73031Members
    I've had this issue on multiple servers. I live on the west coast and usually play on west coast servers so the hurricane is not the problem. Nor is the performance levels.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    There was an issue with the dropping of players off official servers. Try other servers?

<a href="https://twitter.com/NS2/status/263444883640025088" target="_blank">https://twitter.com/NS2/status/263444883640025088</a>
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    I haven't touched an official server; I was getting this on my clan server and an All-in server... Anyway, this was extremely frustrating yesterday but I'll retry again today. Maybe it's an ISP/routing issue beyond my home devices after all.
  • PeacefulwarriorPeacefulwarrior Join Date: 2012-09-09 Member: 158825Members
    I tried playing this morning, same issue however i gave the game a little bit more time and eventually there was less lag spikes the more time i spent in the official overclocked servers, other don't have this effect for me.