This Game Makes Me Sadface :C

TimmahIsASaintTimmahIsASaint Join Date: 2012-09-24 Member: 160678Members
Honestly you don't have to watch all of it, its a great game if you do but if you don't have the patient watch at 45ish minutes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8evz9tpOQ&feature=g-u-u" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8evz9tpOQ&feature=g-u-u</a>

Marines come back from literally complete map domination. I'm not saying Aliens didn't make some mistakes but its kind of ridiculous.

Comments

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2012
    Mhhh...

You should have gone for the power in sub instead of harassing the marines there.
    And you should have taken care of the ARCs instead of chasing that jet packer.

This said, I think ARCs should be capped at the No. of CCs and balanced around that.
    Other than that, you can't expect to win when making such mistakes. Marines coming back is absolutely valid.
  • TimmahIsASaintTimmahIsASaint Join Date: 2012-09-24 Member: 160678Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1999074:date=Oct 28 2012, 01:21 PM:name=_Necro_)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (_Necro_ @ Oct 28 2012, 01:21 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999074"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mhhh...

You should have gone for the power in sub instead of harassing the marines there.
    And you should have taken care of the ARCs instead of chasing that jet packer.

This said, I think ARCs should be capped at the No. of CCs and balanced around that.
    Other than that, you can't expect to win when making such mistakes. Marines coming back is absolutely valid.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

They had like no resources. 3 3 Marines too good. I mean they don't need resources to spawn with a good chance of murdering every alien except onos instantly. And they had very few resource nodes for the majority of that match. But we couldn't push in against GLs and Jetpacks.

Also that wasn't me playing I was just in that game.
  • ScubboScubbo Join Date: 2012-10-03 Member: 161364Members
    making Lerk spores shoot like NS1 would instantly counter grenade launcher and anti turtle defense that marines currently have --- rines can just sit outside a hive and get their little tanks along, aliens have nothing. lopsided core gameplay is the heart of the game however i've been told.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1999071:date=Oct 28 2012, 03:16 PM:name=TimmahIsASaint)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimmahIsASaint @ Oct 28 2012, 03:16 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999071"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Honestly you don't have to watch all of it, its a great game if you do but if you don't have the patient watch at 45ish minutes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8evz9tpOQ&feature=g-u-u" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oY8evz9tpOQ&feature=g-u-u</a>

Marines come back from literally complete map domination. I'm not saying Aliens didn't make some mistakes but its kind of ridiculous.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Went to 45 minute mark, saw a guy as onos attacking turret instead of 2 MACs welding it... then said to defend the gorges while he didn't seem to watch them... then said to take out power (finally) and only then did it seem his team arrived but had to withdrawn.

Looks like a mess on aliens side, not sure how they got to the state of 'map domination'.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1999075:date=Oct 28 2012, 11:28 PM:name=TimmahIsASaint)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimmahIsASaint @ Oct 28 2012, 11:28 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999075"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->They had like no resources.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

*clicks at 15 min* <map full of sentries and all kinda shait in every corner>

*clicks at 40min* <tons of arcs running around>

I dno man... Somewhere your calculations are off. But yeah you should have rolled over them with fades @ the point you had dubbel and 2 hives. Dunno why you didn't.

EDIT: I do agree tho that maxed out marines > maxed out aliens. Simply because of firepower, don't even have to bring in exos, wpn lvl3 marine with a shotty is just OUTCH.
  • ToadvineToadvine Join Date: 2012-10-15 Member: 162405Members
    Because I don't have beta access I watched the whole thing. My only comments are that onos stomp is awesome, and lerks need range spores or fades need acid rockets.
  • VeNeMVeNeM Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 928Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1999085:date=Oct 28 2012, 03:50 PM:name=Scubbo)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scubbo @ Oct 28 2012, 03:50 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1999085"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->making Lerk spores shoot like NS1 would instantly counter grenade launcher and anti turtle defense that marines currently have --- rines can just sit outside a hive and get their little tanks along, aliens have nothing. lopsided core gameplay is the heart of the game however i've been told.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

+acid rockets on hive 3