another Crag upgrade idea: a "health potion"

IdlerayIdleray Join Date: 2012-10-04 Member: 161464Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited October 2012 in Ideas and Suggestions
<div class="IPBDescription">hear me out yo this is good</div>You thought my last idea about a res refund upon death was unoriginal and doesn't affect gameplay.

How about this one: a button you can press to instantly restore a set amount of health(but no armor), varying by lifeform. Thematically it would be like... using stored bacterium sacs on your lifeform or something like that. The penalty would be that after using it ( and you can only use it once per long cooldown), you will get a "fatigue" effect as your metabolism tries to recover from the shock. This could be something like a short period where you move slower a few seconds afterwards.

I'm thinking that for skulks, this would be the full amount; 70, while you get less at higher lifeforms to prevent it from being too good.

Why I think this would be cool:

1. The fact that you have to press a button means this has a good skill element: press it too early and you don't get as much benefit. Press it too late and you die instead.

2. Cannot stack with carapace since it's a crag upgrade, so less chance for being too good.

3. Good synergy with feign death: come back to life, activate your potion, then run out.

4. It doesn't restore armor. Why? I dunno. Could i be nerfing my own ideas unnecessarily to make them appear reasonable and balanced? D:

5. Along with feign death, it presents a very newbie-friendly suite of upgrades that comes at a considerable opportunity cost(of not being able to use other upgrades)

6. It gives a more modest version of combat-regeneration that's not fully fledged imba NS1 regeneration.

Comments