Lerks picking up team members & change back to original momentum

TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
The first idea comes from a once popular mainstream AMX mod to allow the Lerk in the original NS to be able to pick up team members, such as the slower Gorge to transport and look out for one another. I remember the Gorge and which alien they fly with pair up.

For instance a team of aliens could pick up their fellow team members and drop them on some Marines and then spore the hell out of them. Due to the strength of the Marine's exoskeletons, this would give aliens the means for a desperate swift attack. Sometime to help the game span over. It would also encourage some much needed alien team work. Allowing the commander to better coordinate group attacks on targets.

Some games/maps recently the Lerk's aren't even chosen, many people just wait till 50 or 75 res and evolve rush. This would also allow Gorge's to have some more mobility when around a a team Lerk. I don't know about you, but for me the Gorge and Lerk are missing something, the Gorge especially a shadow of its former self.

--

The second idea is really changing the Lerk to increase speed based off momentum like in the original NS rather than just tapping space faster. It was quite a fun mechanic to use and can require quite some skill/experience to manoeuvre, which would make players want to master using this form effectively.

--

I don't believe the first belongs in a mod/addon, this would be ideal to be included in the vanilla NS2.

Comments

• Zomb3hZomb3h Join Date: 2011-01-27 Member: 79241Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I remember a Q&A LONG time ago (probably around the Build 150+) mentioning this would not be in Vanilla and that they'd like it as a mod only.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1998092:date=Oct 27 2012, 12:01 PM:name=Zomb3h)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zomb3h @ Oct 27 2012, 12:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1998092"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I remember a Q&A LONG time ago (probably around the Build 150+) mentioning this would not be in Vanilla and that they'd like it as a mod only.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    :( It doesn't deserve to be just a mod. This ads a great depth to gameplay and encourages some team work.
  • TimMcTimMc Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143945Members
    As funny as lerk lift is, and interesting possibilities of bringing onos into vents and gorges for bombing runs... it was very odd looking and sometimes annoying if the lerk decided to irritate his team.
  • TurbineTurbine Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159160Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1998101:date=Oct 27 2012, 12:12 PM:name=TimMc)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TimMc @ Oct 27 2012, 12:12 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1998101"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->As funny as lerk lift is, and interesting possibilities of bringing onos into vents and gorges for bombing runs... it was very odd looking and sometimes annoying if the lerk decided to irritate his team.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It doesn't necessarily have to be able to lift an Onos, although by mounting on one, it could stay attached where ever it goes. Which would also be another team tactic. Shooting and gassing while riding the Onos. xD

Perhaps if the player being lifted holds down a key to be lift able and stay attached.