223-224 Black screen

blinblin Join Date: 2011-07-20 Member: 111290Members
As I start the game and go the the first game screen I only see the writings like "Play game", "Options" etc., but all other is just pitch black, I need to wait for 10-15 secs to let that appear.

the same when I enter the server, RR is pretty ok, but when I join a team, then I need to wait up to 25-35 secs, to let everything upload, otherwise it is just a black screen.

And then later in a game players names, structures names and health, plus onscreen health bars and stuff - all could be just black squares.

Started only from 223.

Does it have anything to do with that new option to let textures upload (dont remember how it's called, at work now)?

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Phasing to Tech Support, keeping old link up for a day or so.
  • GibbyLOLGibbyLOL Join Date: 2012-07-26 Member: 154371Members
    Fixed the black screen on launch.
    1. run dxsetup in drive/program files (x86)/steam/steamapps/common/natural selection 2/redist/directx/
    Its about half way down.
    2. Delete the files in drive/users/user/appdata/roaming/natural selection 2 **NOTE YOU NEED BE ABLE TO SEE HIDDEN FOLDERS SINCE THIS IS A HIDDEN FOLDER.
    - On win7 to show hidden folders click on organize>folder and search options>view check "show hidden files, folders and drives under hidden files and folders.
    3. Delete the folderC:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\ns2\shaders
    4. Go on Steam, go to Natural selection 2, right click>properties>local files> verify integrity of cache
    (this will re-download the files you just deleted, but it will be the correct files this time)
    Then it will give you a message saying it's done. Then you're all set, good to play NS2.

<a href="http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=122577&st=0#entry2002080" target="_blank">http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index....=0#entry2002080</a>