The Great Exosuit Massacre of 2012

2»

Comments

• ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1997705:date=Oct 26 2012, 01:22 PM:name=Supernorn)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Supernorn @ Oct 26 2012, 01:22 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997705"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Marines would have won this game if the grenade hadn't randomly bounced off the ceiling and exploded in my face. I had solo'd it down to 16% health with a grenade launcher...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

l2pt
  • McGlaspieMcGlaspie www.team156.com Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73044Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester
    I'm just glad I got to kill Hugh several times on record.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Gisp and I were dedicated healing machines + chops' heal waves from crags.
    I thought the defense was hosed when we all fell under the stairs.. Who could have called that it was probably what saved us.
    I was laughing like a maniac once I realized that this Onos was hitting the jackpot.. I vaguely recall someone yelling "they doing have any welders!!" :-D
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1997692:date=Oct 26 2012, 12:00 PM:name=Toumal)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Toumal @ Oct 26 2012, 12:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1997692"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Seriously though, watched that stream yesterday, and what an awesome moment. I have to say though, while having banter in a gamespot livestream is cool, I felt it was a bit too much near the middle. Got better near the end, but before that it probably would have been better to focus more on the game than on Charlie's abs.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It was an interesting situation, you could see 2 generations of media experience in one room. While it is interesting enough for the younger generation to just watch someone play a game and comment his actions (represented by Hugh), even if it's goddamn minecraft lol, Charlie's (and my) generation thinks that videos are more for giving information and tell interesting developer stuff. Or making reviews. Or have any kind of continuous thread of giving more information that you can't get when playing the game yourself.
    One could see that when Charlie asked 'Wait, is it boring for people right now, or...'.
    While I was a little mithered by Hugh always interrupting something interesting Charlie was about to explain, it seems to be really that generation kind of thing. The 'Let's play'-phenomenon ^^

EDIT: Also the point with the pre-loading.
    -Charlie: 'Well, it's not really that important'
    -Hugh: 'Oh we are so sorry guys, we can't give you that, it's so important'
    -Charlie: 'It is...?'

I also don't know why someone needs the game 30 minutes earlier.