Teams & Rosters

WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
<div class="IPBDescription">need the dets</div>Okay... So we are working with BattleFY to create a single portal site for any and all NS2 Tournament events, either hosted by UWE or anyone... Pretty slick system and they are downright awesome devs over there.... One of the neat features we have tied in though is player stats (THANK YOU ZEIKKO and NS2STATS) so here is what I need from you....

PLEASE EMAIL THE FOLLOWING to NS2@WASABIONE.COM

TEAM NAME: XXXXXXXX
CAPTAIN: XXXXXXXX
EMAIL: XXXXXXXX
ROSTER: (INCLUDING CAPTAIN and ACTUAL STEAM ID's 01:0000000 formats)

Yes I know I have a lot of this info already but this will help to get the interface up on their site this weekend. THANKS ALL!!!!

Comments

• supsusupsu Join Date: 2012-04-24 Member: 151023Members, Squad Five Blue
    Do you mean steam id's or ns2 id's?
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    actual steam ids... yes I know its a pain...
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    I suppose you want this before the tournament?
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    What teams do you have info on?
    That would be practical to know before doing that hassle.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Let the teams add this kind of info them selves. Rosters change, new clans will come, etc. Doing this thing properly from the beginning is the right way to go.
  • WasabiOneWasabiOne Co-Lead NS2 CDT Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104623Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    I would totally agree wiry, but the system we are using caps it to six players, so BATTLEFY is adding all the players for us so we can go over the cap. Yes I need them by this weekend.
  • rantologyrantology Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143750Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited October 2012
    I don't mean to shamelessly plug NS2stats but... It already has a pretty good system for this, that the teams themselves can upkeep their rosters. You can see Exertus' page <a href="http://ns2stats.org/team/team/10" target="_blank">here</a>.. I think them and Archaea are the only teams that have made use of it so far.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1996347:date=Oct 24 2012, 10:26 PM:name=WasabiOne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WasabiOne @ Oct 24 2012, 10:26 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996347"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I would totally agree wiry, but the system we are using caps it to six players, so BATTLEFY is adding all the players for us so we can go over the cap. Yes I need them by this weekend.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, that sounds really weird. Especially seeing as there isn't a single clan that has got exactly six players. How is this supposed to work in practice? Will those six registered players, and only them, be able to play tournaments? What about the other ones?
    Lets say you get the cap up to.. eight, ten players. What about those clans that have a bigger roster still? There might not be many, but a cap just sounds horrible.

Rantology has a point, there's Ns2stats, which probably (I don't know stuff) could be implemented on other sites.

Good initiative though, It's really about time we get something solid going for news, rosters, brackets, schedules, etc for tournaments going. These past few tournaments, although very fun to play in, has been absolutely horrible at providing information for players not in a secluded steam group.
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited October 2012
    <!--quoteo(post=1996353:date=Oct 24 2012, 10:32 PM:name=rantology)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (rantology @ Oct 24 2012, 10:32 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996353"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I don't mean to shamelessly plug NS2stats but... It already has a pretty good system for this, that the teams themselves can upkeep their rosters. You can see Exertus' page <a href="http://ns2stats.org/team/team/10" target="_blank">here</a>.. I think them and Archaea are the only teams that have made use of it so far.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    There's a list of teams properly set up here: <a href="http://www.ns2stats.org/team/index" target="_blank">http://www.ns2stats.org/team/index</a> (EoD is also in the list :P)

I think you need to change the filtering to include Competitive stats.
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    edited October 2012
    Wasabi - Add Charlies Unicorns on this list as a easter egg :P
  • DghelneshiDghelneshi Aims to surpass Fana in post edits. Join Date: 2011-11-01 Member: 130634Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2Stats.org only lists the teams that have played a match within the time frame and builds selected in the filters. I've always disliked the filters resetting to something stupid all the time (sorry Zeikko!).
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    <!--quoteo(post=1996834:date=Oct 25 2012, 01:53 PM:name=Dghelneshi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Dghelneshi @ Oct 25 2012, 01:53 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1996834"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->NS2Stats.org only lists the teams that have played a match within the time frame and builds selected in the filters. I've always disliked the filters resetting to something stupid all the time (sorry Zeikko!).<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

No worries. I dislike it too. But it's not useful to show data from the long period either. And figuring out automatically which data to show at a time is not so easy either. I'm hoping to improve the filters soonish.

It would be great if ns2stats could be used to update the rosters of the teams as it already contains the steam ids, etc. and can easily be used to make sure that the correct players are playing in tournaments. I'm also up for creating an API to query and manage the teams so tournaments can use this system verify the players, etc. I hope we can also add couple of commands to the game mod to check if currently playing players match a certain teams roster and print a warning if not.