Participate in a marketing video (massive touch screen)

CodeCowboyCodeCowboy Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160235Members
Gentlemen (and ladies),

I work for a company which specializes in touch software on massive touchscreens/multi-screens.

I had an idea which I've gotten approval for from our CEO to create a video of playing NS2 as the commander on our 60" touchscreen table. I've tried it out already and it works well. For the video I think it'd be useful to put together some specially contrived scenes of game play... ie, set up a mock ambush for a closeup, and other scenes as well as just playing regularly.

I'm wondering if I can get some volunteers to sign up to be some of the "actors" / players in this video.

The other thing that is needed is for people to turn off their cursing... heh. Given that our name will also be on the video I doubt the CEO would be too happy if there was cursing sprinkled in the video.

It is my belief that having the massive touch screen table playing NS2 will get people who wouldn't normally know about NS2 more aware and also be a cool demo of our custom table. The awesome thing is the top-down commander interface lends itself perfectly to such a demo... very sci-fi looking.

If you're interested in participating please reply to this post.

If you have a server you'd like to volunteer for a couple hours that'd also be helpful.

Comments

• peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Where would this take place?
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    <b>This is prety much how the NS2 trailers are made, and its loads of fun. </b>(besides the stuff done in the cinematics editor ofcouse)
    <b>So if anyone wants to be part of a creative process this looks to be a realy good opotunity.</b>

<i>Also CodeCowboy, a couple of hours is nowhere neer enough to get anything done.
    Directing people to do this and that, change stuff based on the constructive cretisism, you undoubtably will get, on "what will look cool".
    And take multible shorts of each scene. Done right, all this wont be done in single session, you may even come up whit ideas while editing, and wanting to shot another scene or 2. Or even reshot some.
    My best advice is to create a Private Server yourself, so you have full control.
    Can turn on cheats to instantly, place IPs right next to where your combat scenes are shot, and not be limited by having to research stuff, if you want exos and dependant on resources. And its a huge time saver. </i>
  • PsympleJesterPsympleJester Join Date: 2008-04-06 Member: 64024Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995700:date=Oct 23 2012, 08:00 PM:name=peregrinus)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (peregrinus @ Oct 23 2012, 08:00 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995700"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Where would this take place?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What he said! :)
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
  • CodeCowboyCodeCowboy Join Date: 2012-09-21 Member: 160235Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995801:date=Oct 23 2012, 05:13 PM:name=GISP)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GISP @ Oct 23 2012, 05:13 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995801"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><b>This is prety much how the NS2 trailers are made, and its loads of fun. </b>(besides the stuff done in the cinematics editor ofcouse)
    <b>So if anyone wants to be part of a creative process this looks to be a realy good opotunity.</b>

<i>Also CodeCowboy, a couple of hours is nowhere neer enough to get anything done.
    Directing people to do this and that, change stuff based on the constructive cretisism, you undoubtably will get, on "what will look cool".
    And take multible shorts of each scene. Done right, all this wont be done in single session, you may even come up whit ideas while editing, and wanting to shot another scene or 2. Or even reshot some.
    My best advice is to create a Private Server yourself, so you have full control.
    Can turn on cheats to instantly, place IPs right next to where your combat scenes are shot, and not be limited by having to research stuff, if you want exos and dependant on resources. And its a huge time saver. </i><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Very good points!

I'll probably be able to put up a server, etc... we definitely have the static IPs for it.

I'll get all the details as soon as I have them. It's also a matter of reserving time on the touch-table, which shouldn't be difficult so long as there aren't clients coming by for demos.

I might actually split the recording into two phases. One just playing as comm on the table, and the other the close ups / in-game videos. Might be way easier.
  • Vladimir Van VodkaVladimir Van Vodka Sexy Beast Join Date: 2010-07-30 Member: 73364Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd love to participate!

I can be a great generic mook that gets shot at!
  • YragornYragorn Join Date: 2010-04-04 Member: 71169Members
    I'm interested, just depends on time and days, cuz I got homeworks depending on the week
  • CLARK_KENTCLARK_KENT Vancouver, Canada Join Date: 2002-11-21 Member: 9508Members, Reinforced - Silver
    I would be interested if I'm free at the time you're planning this to take place. :)
  • UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I'm interested in helping out. I'm available all hours of the day, just give me 24 hrs. notice.
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wouldn't mind! Only thing is.. What time zone will you be operating in? hahaha
  • eLboteLbot Join Date: 2012-09-13 Member: 159229Members
    Why do I always seem to be replying under Whosat!?! Stop being interested in the same things I am!

I can offer a server and a few (4-7 depending on their mood) co-operative players. My timezone is GMT and my forum name is the same as my Steam name, feel free to get in contact :)
  • AznChristianAznChristian Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164405Members, Reinforced - Silver
    Where and when would this be? I'm interested if I'm free.
  • waflzwaflz Join Date: 2012-09-07 Member: 158459Members
  • tdunc-tdunc- Join Date: 2013-01-12 Member: 179214Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would also like to be apart of this if possible. Also have a 20man server ;) (NA - West)