I vote 4 a return of the mixed chamber upgrades.

oMeoMe Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25884Members
Since a few patches its not possible anymore to activate more then one upgrade of each hive (shift, shade, crag) at the same time.

I have to say that i totally dislike this change.
Was it to strong? I dont think so.
But it added alot to the game. There were variations.
Now its pretty much always the same way to go... and there are far less varations possible.
Also since the change to adrenaline i dont think many use it anymore. Sure its still useful.. but cele is just better now.

This makes playin alien a bit more boring or atleast more then before this change happend.

Comments

• ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    Was it too strong? Yes it was.

That is what was decided. To go back on what was decided via empirical testing is to progress backwards.
  • oMeoMe Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25884Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995183:date=Oct 22 2012, 04:25 PM:name=Imbalanxd)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Imbalanxd @ Oct 22 2012, 04:25 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995183"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Was it too strong? Yes it was.

That is what was decided. To go back on what was decided via empirical testing is to progress backwards.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

What was to strong? Cara+regen i guess.. but cara and regen got nerfed so i dont see that combination still to strong.
  • ImbalanxdImbalanxd Join Date: 2011-06-15 Member: 104581Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1995189:date=Oct 22 2012, 11:35 PM:name=oMe)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (oMe @ Oct 22 2012, 11:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1995189"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What was to strong? Cara+regen i guess.. but cara and regen got nerfed so i dont see that combination still to strong.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It would be nice to test it. No doubt having the option of all upgrades increases the possibilities. However its just not feasible to go back and try everything every time something changes. All they can do is test something to an acceptable level, and then make a decision, and stick by that decision unless it really gets called into question.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I would still get cara and regen every time.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    edited October 2012
    Maybe hypermutation needs a buff that allows you to pick any two other evolutions so long as it is also onboard

That way we could see Cara + Regen, Cele + Adrenaline, or Silence + Cloak

Either way Aliens feel super bland right now. . .
    The only combo to speak of that I will even give credit to currently is Zenocide + Feign Death

-