Lerk spikes arent affected by silence.

AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS!Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
edited October 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Just thought i'd remind you!</div>I reported this 2 builds ago and it aparently got onto the bug tracker, but 2 builds is a long time for something to be fixed. please. fix this, its not fair that the main weapon of the lerk isnt affected by the most popular ability in the shade dropdown menu. i also like giggling watching people spin around trying to find me whilst i spike them to death. :D

Ah i just noticed that it works when the spikes hit infestation
AND ONLY when they hit infestation!

Comments

• twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    I think Spikes are silent with Silence. The hit sounds you are hearing are only played for the Lerk player, for audio feedback.
  • rhombusrhombus Lerk Queen Join Date: 2011-06-23 Member: 106055Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    <!--quoteo(post=1994666:date=Oct 21 2012, 09:29 PM:name=AuroN2)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuroN2 @ Oct 21 2012, 09:29 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1994666"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I reported this 2 builds ago and it aparently got onto the bug tracker, but 2 builds is a long time for something to be fixed. please. fix this, its not fair that the main weapon of the lerk isnt affected by the most popular ability in the shade dropdown menu. i also like giggling watching people spin around trying to find me whilst i spike them to death. :D

Ah i just noticed that it works when the spikes hit infestation
    AND ONLY when they hit infestation!<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

And there are bugs in there back from 194.. :P
  • schkorpioschkorpio I can mspaint Join Date: 2003-05-23 Member: 16635Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1994667:date=Oct 22 2012, 12:34 PM:name=twiliteblue)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (twiliteblue @ Oct 22 2012, 12:34 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1994667"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I think Spikes are silent with Silence. The hit sounds you are hearing are only played for the Lerk player, for audio feedback.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

yeah thats what I always thought, the impact sound still plays, but the shooting sound doesnt

Seems like marines have a very hard time figuring out where you are shooting from when you have silent spikes, so i think its all working as far as i can tell *shrugs*
  • VolcanoVolcano Join Date: 2011-07-27 Member: 112496Members, Constellation
    its hard to find where a lerk is firing from even without silence the hit indicator is a bit off
  • KrovakonKrovakon Join Date: 2012-05-20 Member: 152332Members
    Cloaked infestation still has infestation splashes when marines run on it. rendering it near useless to ninja build structures.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    <!--quoteo(post=1994731:date=Oct 21 2012, 11:40 PM:name=Krovakon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Krovakon @ Oct 21 2012, 11:40 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1994731"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Cloaked infestation still has infestation splashes when marines run on it. rendering it near useless to ninja build structures.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

That's intended. Cloaked things uncloak when you touch them, so when you're running on infestation you're touching it which makes it visible :-) .
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    bump. not sure because the server was modded or not, but ill test further tonight. But a game i played today bite was silent spikes was NOT silent and sometimes would go silent to me occasionally. Ill test it out later tho on a legit server.
  • CodeineCodeine Join Date: 2010-11-22 Member: 75155Members
    Yea its def bugged... again
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    <center><object width="450" height="356"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSLiAyCjVns"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SSLiAyCjVns" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="356"></embed></object></center>

I though I was going crazy but this is not the hit sound, is it? Or the spikes are silenced and then the hit sound is bugged, or the spikes are not silenced, but there is definitely something not working amha.
  • RadiocageRadiocage Join Date: 2002-09-30 Member: 1381Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1994739:date=Oct 22 2012, 06:11 AM:name=HeatSurge)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (HeatSurge @ Oct 22 2012, 06:11 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1994739"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->That's intended. Cloaked things uncloak when you touch them, so when you're running on infestation you're touching it which makes it visible :-) .<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Then that is bad and needs to change. There are too many drawbacks to shades as it is.