Bug: Dropped onos eggs have stomp

HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
Yeah, you get stomp if you go in a dropped onos egg right now. Needs to be fixed; stomp onos on 2 hives at 6 minutes into the game is a little op :-) .

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited October 2012
    I haven't been able to repro this, here's what I tried:

<ul><li>Get two hives, slap an Onos egg down and use it. This didn't give me Stomp</li><li>Get three hives and research Stomp, slap an Onos egg down and kill the third Hive and use the egg. This also didn't give me Stomp</li></ul>
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Noticed this bug several times on this build, can't say if it was related to dropped onos eggs specifically though. I've had stomp when we haven't even had 3 hives at any point in the game.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    figured out how to reproduce this and fixed it for build 224
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    Wait, is stomp on hive 3 now?
    Hm...
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited October 2012
    I don't know how it was happening, but I played like 3-4 consecutive games (on both marines and aliens) in which aliens dropped onos eggs and they all had stomp on 2 hives -_- . I wasn't the com or the onos.

I'm glad Sewlek figured it out...