Can't establish a connection with the server

RawrawrawrawrRawrawrawrawr Join Date: 2010-12-19 Member: 75781Members
Hi I am having problems with the second ns2 server on my dedicated server.

It was working fine before today. I am getting "can't establish a connection with the server." This message appears when anyone joins. Nothing in the ns2 server console appears when someone attempts to join. So I guess the firewall or something is blocking connections. However the server was working fine the other day. I have the ports open and the server has been used a bunch before.

I am kind of stumped what is wrong.

The other ns2 server on my dedicated server is still working fine and is full.

The following is the parameters it starts with. It runs on a different admin windows user like described in the wiki and like I said was working.

-name "-[420]- Private Scrim/Gather" -map ns2_summit -limit 16 -port 27020 -password "password"

Any ideas why this would suddenly block connections like explained?

Thank You for any help

Comments

• endarendar Join Date: 2010-07-27 Member: 73256Members, Squad Five Blue
    You mentioned a firewall, do you mean on your local server? Is it Windows firewall? Confirm that the ports are actually listening, using resource monitor or tcpview. I think the log file also states what port it listens on (to confirm it IS still picking up your settings).
  • RawrawrawrawrRawrawrawrawr Join Date: 2010-12-19 Member: 75781Members
    I somewhat figured it out. I have a different game server running and it is conflicting with my second ns2 server that is running. It is acting like the ports are conflicting but they are not. I am not sure exactly why my other game server is blocking the ns2 server but it is.