List of Players - using Exploits ("Cheats")

JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
edited October 2012 in NS2 General Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">...and not stopping it (after people complain)</div>I dont know how to counter this.
Only possible to list these players after doing this.

I would only post peoples how keep on using the exploits / cheats even after the people said "stop that".
Its ok, if the players using the exploits stops it immediatly but its not ok if he keeps on doing this.
Maybe somehow this will force them to stop this.

PS: i know there is no proof right now (didnt take a screenshot at that time... but next time, i will if these players keep doing this)

1. if you see this behavior by these players again / by other players - feel free to take a screenshot and post it here)
2. MAYBE: if these players keep on doing this, the list could be used to ban these players (for some time)

<!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->EDIT: Removed player names - we don't do witch hunts here.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Comments

• UlmontUlmont Join Date: 2011-10-02 Member: 125211Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    edited October 2012
    <!--coloro:#FFA500--><span style="color:#FFA500"><!--/coloro-->-snip-<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> is a well known member of the competitive community, and in his defense, he was almost certainly drunk at the time. I wouldn't worry too much about him. As for the other guy, well, dunno. I wouldn't use the tag cheats for something like this (considering server operators can turn on console commands).
  • GyepteglaGyeptegla Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162264Members
    Just quick tip :))

Use this: <a href="http://steamidfinder.com/" target="_blank">SteamIDFinder</a>

So you can find them after they change name.

Keep up the good work.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Gorges and marines in vents has always been a pretty pathetic experience in NS2, but UW seem to like it.

Gorge in vents in double bile-bombing the power node out of direct LOS is a pretty common occurrence as well.

Or how about that wall in tram (can't remember the name of the room - the one on the east side) where you can just run up the wall as marine (similar "exploit" to that tilted platform in west skylights on veil) and get almost to the ceiling?

It's in the game, yes. Skulks can get there, yes. But is it intended? I doubt it.
  • koewikoewi Join Date: 2007-08-25 Member: 61984Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    what's the good work here?
    we're not in the medieval and i don't think we should pillory somebody ...
    that's something the admins of the server will maybe interested in, but it's nothing that belong in this forum ...
  • JoseppeJoseppe Join Date: 2012-01-21 Member: 141497Members
    <!--quoteo(post=1993687:date=Oct 19 2012, 07:13 AM:name=koewi)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (koewi @ Oct 19 2012, 07:13 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=1993687"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->what's the good work here?
    we're not in the medieval and i don't think we should pillory somebody ...
    that's something the admins of the server will maybe interested in, but it's nothing that belong in this forum ...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Its the only way to stop this (if players dont stop it after people complain)
    and i dont know any server admin to contact.
    Even if i would contact the admins, guess they wouldn´t ban these people (by happening 1 time).

So its much easier to list these people and if this happens more than 1 time
    (should be tracking it with this list somehow) the server admins can ban these players.

1. This list could prevent other people using exploits too.
    2. Without this list i dont see any way to track it, how many times a player has done this
    3. By a thread on the official page there is much better way to track this with much more players
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    koewi is quite right.
    As much as player alleged cheating is a Bad Thingâ„¢, it's an issue for server admins and not something that needs to be aired on these forums.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->LOCKED<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
This discussion has been closed.